#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

A great game! Yeah yeah, I know…

My boy!

2 Likes

Great to see Langford and Parish play so well tonight, Parish in the middle and Langford as a forward in the 2nd half.
Amazing coaching.

2 Likes

The tosspot behind me REALLY hated him (he hated most of the team though).

The last 35 minutes were great fun congratulating The Langford VERY loudly. The turd didn’t say a thing.

Doubly funny when you look at those red bars prior to the third quarter.

6 Likes

Skipworth will want him dropped next week.

Off by a week but I’ll pay it.

1 Like

Stays in for the rest of the year, so that we can assess his body of work over a decent stretch. That and because he offers more now and into the future than our most improved player of 2018. Good game, Langers. Made a statement tonight against a hardened side.

3 Likes

Please play him forward.
Persist with him there. Give him some spurts in the midfield but predominantly play him forward. With Stringer out, we can see what he can do there.

10 Likes

He needs to be played in the middle and then drift forward.

As a forward he will not have a consistent impact on games because medium sized forwards can be inconsistent and Langers only weapon as a forward is marking. Stringer is great as that medium forward because he’s deadly at ground level.

Get Langers confidence up and he will start dominating games I’m confident of that.

6 Likes

Well at least he is in the side for the time being, until Myers takes his place …

1 Like

Looked good, but the game was played at such a slow pace, I think that suits him.

Good on him though. If he can’t keep his spot with all these injuries, might as well seek a trade.

I think almost the exact opposite, high half forward leading up the wings and linking play for mine

Can play. It’s up to he and the coaching staff to get his best from him consistently.

4 Likes

He’s a high impact player.

For some stupid reason the coaches keep playing him as a big bodied mid when clearly it’s not his thing.

Pendlebury and Mundy are the types of players Langers should be trying to emulate.

Players that can win the ball in close but are deadly when given space.

I still have faith he can be a game changer but he’s got to be given the confidence of the coaching staff.

7 Likes

Thought he played a bit more wing / outside last night?

That was from TV though, not always easy to tell.

I’m hating that he ‘needs to get his confidence up’ to dominate. After last night he should be confident enough to command a spot in the 18.

He’s played 50 games. Been in the system for 5 years. For memory, he’s had his most impactful games as a forward. Last night and another game against Carlton. He’s shown some flashes in the midfield but he’s yet to convert that into 3/4 of a game let alone a full game.

Comparisons to Fyfe and Pendelbury along the way haven’t helped. To me, I compare him to Rama, Blumfield and Heffernan. All of which had greater impact in their first 50 games than he did.

His time to perform is now. Regardless of whether he has confidence or not. No excuses. Same can be said for many other players, but most others still either have potential on their side or have performed at a greater level and earned some leeway. David Myers doesn’t fit into either category.

I’m not talking about confidence in terms of how he feels but I guess that’s part of it.

I’m talking about making his role bigger within the system and making him a centrepiece rather than just a role player.

I know people will roll their eyes and say he hasn’t earned it but he has played most of his career forward and over the past three years learnt a new role and continues to show potential. Despite that he has continually been the fall guy when the entire team puts in a stinker.

The seasons shot so why not just put him on ball for the remainder and allow him to play an offensive role rather than do grunt work which he’s not suited too.

In soccer the best players are the ones that find pockets of space in offensive areas and either score or set up shots at goals and that’s how I see Langers.

Use him through the middle and give him freedom to roll forward to take those big marks that he can do.

He’s not a grunt player like his body might suggest but he can still have an impact as an attacking weapon.

2 Likes

Quite a purple patch there at the start of the last. Don’t think I’ve seen him taken down by fewer than 2 players at any time over the last two weeks. Has developed some real strength to his game. A couple of times last night you could see he really willed himself to contests too.

Started in the centre when we’d got a sniff in the last and won the clearance.

Fingers crossed the coaches keep investing in him and Darcy and we see real progression over the second half of the year.

If Shiel is out get Clarke in too

13 Likes

People might see hesitation with him but I reckon it’s because he looks up and sees nothing and doesn’t wanna bang it forward mindlessly. I’ll be ■■■■■■ if we don’t play the kid, he has talent, stick him in the middle/forward and don’t fckn dare drop him. Give him some confidence and let’s get something out of this trainwreck season.

5 Likes

Surely Clarke gets a run this week