#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

He just looks so comfortable out there now. So pleasing to see.

3 Likes

THE vs Parish has been a meme in here for some time, but they’re my two favourite players to watch right now, both bursting with confidence and clearing packs with great awareness and slickness. Both racking up the goals too.

3 Likes

I feel like kyle is like Neo from the matrix.

Always had the talent, has always been the chosen one.

But he didn’t become the chosen one until he truly started to believe it.
It looks like kyle is starting to believe it.

4 Likes

That was the right mix or fwd/mid time for Langford. Very good game

2 Likes

2 very, very classy goals.

2 Likes

My mate’s mum watched all 3 Matrix films and thought his name was Neil.

27 Likes

He always looked pretty comfortable out there. Often I thought he looked so comfortable he was about to fall asleep.

I like the physicality he shows at times. Has it in him to make a hard hit. Uses his body well. Hopefully he does it more!

Smiled last night.

4 Likes

He’s finally starting to realize he’s bigger than everyone he’s matched up on and he’s using his body.

They seem to be balancing his time a bit better now with a little more forward time.

But he seems to also be making quicker decisions. Looking very good the last few weeks

3 Likes

I struggle to keep up. So just to be clear do we like him or hate him at the moment?

Maybe the Mods could change the thread title to show if we currently like him or not.

11 Likes

Good to see that 18 months later the coaching staff have finally realised that he isn’t an inside mid and plays his best football as a forward-mid

He was really creative last night and has great goal sense

1 Like

Not sure why people continue to say he’s not an inside mid.

He played the second least amount of time on ground for us behind stringer and on top of that played 50/50 mid/forward yet still managed to have the second most contested possessions on the ground as well as the 3rd most clearances.

The goals were actually just the icing not the cake.

He had a seriously underrated game.

6 Likes

I agree. I personally think he can be a strong inside midfielder who can also move forward and be damaging.

He has loads of development left but we need to build up the confidence of our young players rather than destroy it.

1 Like

Am I right in saying that his goals were more midfielder-y than forward-y?

1 Like

Can we all please stop equating contested possession with inside work and hard ball gets? The AFL app now lets you watch every stat every player gets, if you’re into that sort of thing. Here are a couple of contested possessions as examples

I’m not ragging on Langford, but contested possessions are not possessions in contests.

Edit: in that first one, Langford is gathering the ball from Zaka’s spoil, and the spoil is what knocked the hawk to ground.

And here’s an example from Saad. He gathered this ball cleanly. Ground ball get, contested possession

11 Likes

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that contested possessions are possessions won at the bottom of packs are they?

I think we are all aware that most of the game is actually uncontested.

It is still an indicator that the player is actually taking possession when in a contested scenario and not just alone out on a wing or something.

It would be nice though if they would include hardball gets in the AFL app.

Having said that I think it’s one of the more overrated stats in the game.

why does @SplitRound think langford is soft?

why does @Killer_Mike care that someone doesn’t like his boy?

find out in 10 minutes.

7 Likes

I don’t think Langford is soft. I think Champion Data is soft.

6 Likes

watch out for @chris_64

1 Like