#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

I don’t even think it’s champion data that’s soft.

This game for some strange reason thinks that contested possessions are more important than uncontested possessions despite all the evidence to the contrary.

He has developed a lot in 18 months. Then he wasn’t ready, he was unsure and played without confidence. Now he could be an inside mid, although l prefer him to keep applying regular scoreboard pressure.

I think his prototype should be Lynch from Adelaide. Pushing up in the midfield but primarily a forward

1 Like

What’s the evidence? Legit interested.

Hawthorn and Geelong have proven over the last ten years or more that winning possession is just one part of the equation, using it is far more important.

Melbourne or even Essendon don’t have trouble winning it but we are getting shown up for outside ball use.

Seems like he has really discovered his fire for the contest. Looks much more involved and bringing a really good intensity now to games

Great to see him adding goals to his game as well

Went through here a few minutes ago

11 Likes

@Killer_Mike will be jealous of you going through Langford.

3 Likes

Except a looseball get, all alone on the wing is a contested posession.

It’s a stupid stat.

It’s not a stupid stat just because people interpret it incorrectly.

1 Like

Next they will be telling me his 6 clearances came while playing forward.

He’s a mid.

1 Like

Kyle still has a bit of a knack for making the hard look easy and the easy look hard, but his last few games have been pretty good. If he can jag a goal or two along the way, he’s doing his job…

Is that on the AFL live app?

he’s not a predominant mid mate.
not at the moment anyway.

He’s playing about 70-30 forward at the moment.

recent signs are very encouraging though, and I do think he will end up playing around half half.

He has been very good as of late.

Yeah, in Stats->Players if you have the Live Pass thing.

I didn’t say he was playing all mid. He’s starting in a lot of centre squares though. In fact he was kicking Parish out of the square most of the night and he was starting from the back of the square.

Langford’s first goal came from a pick up on 50 from parish and Langford came past him from the centre square and finished it.

The second came from a stoppage in the pocket.

People have an agenda by calling him a forward because it suits their argument.

Even Skipworth mentioned him in the Coaches video as having a good game in midfield.

He is a mid that drifts forward. End of story.

8 Likes

Queuing Langford heatmap from Friday night 1… 2… 3…

1 Like

Heat mats are as reliable as contested possession stats.

Players are all over the place.

Ah, no live pass.
Would explain why I couldn’t find it haha.

idk about that.
If a player has a huge red blob in the middle of the 50m arcs with only little green dots up the field you can get a pretty good indication of where they’ve spent most of the game.

1 Like