#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

LAV

Bringing a New Order to my list of favourite players.

Except that was from a Joy Division song.

LAV

:wink:

I’m in Control man

Is one of the best looking boys in the game.
An old Uncanny X-Men song.

I’m the best looking guy in the factory
But it just doesn’t matter to me
The girls are all dogs
The men are all wogs
So it just doesn’t matter to me

Back in the mid 90s I watched Brian Mannix play live on Hamilton island and then had a beer and a chat with him after the gig. He is smaller than Walla, great bloke and an Essendon man through and through.

LAV

:wink:

I’m in Control man

Dance dance dance dance dance to trade radio!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/essendons-kyle-langford-is-modelling-his-game-on-fremantle-superstar-nat-fyfe/news-story/9fda7ba808439328d91eb03db3b38441

Essendon’s Kyle Langford is modelling his game on Fremantle superstar Nat Fyfe

KATE SALEMME, Herald Sun
22 minutes ago

ESSENDON youngster Kyle Langford wants to be the next Nat Fyfe and has already started picking the brains of two people who have intimate knowledge of the Brownlow Medallist’s game.

Langford has played 25 career games, including 17 this year, and spent most of his time across half forward but the utility sees his future in the midfield and wants to mould his game on the Fremantle superstar.

Langford is similar in size — at 191cm — and shape to Fyfe and has enlisted the help of former Fremantle coach and current Essendon assistant Mark Harvey and former Dockers midfielder and Bombers top-up player Ryan Crowley give him tips on how to become a damaging onballer.

“I’ve had a little bit of a look at Fyfe and how he went about it,” Langford said.

“I got some information off ‘Harves’ (Mark Harvey) and ‘Crowls’ (Ryan Crowley) last year about how he went about (going from) just a normal or average player to the elite player he is.

“I’ve had a look at that and based my game and my lifestyle off that.”

The 19-year-old knows the transformation from lanky half forward to midfield jet won’t happen overnight but has already spoken to coach John Worsfold about where he sees his future.

“I spoke to John just before the season ended and he does see me as a midfielder, a tall mid roaming around the ground,” Langford told the club’s website.

“But whether that’s next year or in the years to come depends on how I train during the pre-season.

“I think next year I’ll play that high half forward role and hopefully a little bit through the mid.”

Langford improved with each game this year and increased his disposal average from eight to 15 per game and booted 12 goals.

One of his best performances came against North Melbourne in Round 15 when he had 17 disposals, took eight marks and kicked two goals.

With the Bombers to welcome back 10 of its best players from suspension for the 2017, Langford knows getting consistent opportunities at senior level won’t be as easy next year as it was this season.

Kyle Langford has been training rather than holidaying overseas in preparation for pre-season. Picture: David Smith
While most of his teammates and players across the league have headed away on overseas holidays, the ambitious youngster has stayed in Australia in preparation for pre-season.

He has been training with 2015 draftees Aaron Francis and Alex Morgan.

“I haven’t bothered going away this off-season because I know how hard it is going to be (to get a senior spot) once we get the boys back and some draft picks,” Langford said.

Langford and the rest of the first-to-fourth-year Bombers will return for pre-season training on November 7.

Essendon this week announced it had delisted veteran Courtenay Dempsey, Will Hams and rookie Gach Nyuon, while James Gwilt, Jason Ashby, Shaun Edwards, Tom Wallis, Nick Kommer and Yestin Eades had already been cut.

He has been training with 2015 draftees Aaron Francis and Alex Morgan.

“I haven’t bothered going away this off-season because I know how hard it is going to be (to get a senior spot) once we get the boys back and some draft picks,” Langford said.

LidORFFF

Good to hear Langers training with Francis and Morgan. Expecting great things from these three this year.

Great signs.

Has Jobe, Hocking and Myers to learn inside mid-craft from now too. Can’t wait to see how we are going with Langford regularly making the middle his place. Blocking or going for the hard ball and dishing off to Heppell, Parish, Merrett or Colyer then running forward and losing his opponent to influence or present.

Desperation and Intensity is his real challenge,

Has Jobe, Hocking and Myers to learn inside mid-craft from now too. Can't wait to see how we are going with Langford regularly making the middle his place. Blocking or going for the hard ball and dishing off to Heppell, Parish, Merrett or Colyer then running forward and losing his opponent to influence or present.

Langers styling himself on Fyfe.
Zerret styling himself on Judd.
Jobe mentoring them both.
How many farkin brownlow?

That is so awesome to hear. They can drive each other to higher standards as a little group of 3.

With this attitude and commitment, Morgan could be a bit of a bonus surprise packet for us.

There is definitely a role there in the seniors for a pacey half back if he can get ultra confidence in his body to the point where he doesn’t even think about it and allows himself to play on instinct.

That is so awesome to hear. They can drive each other to higher standards as a little group of 3.

With this attitude and commitment, Morgan could be a bit of a bonus surprise packet for us.

There is definitely a role there in the seniors for a pacey half back if he can get ultra confidence in his body to the point where he doesn’t even think about it and allows himself to play on instinct.

Great post. EFC Snapchat posted videos of those 3 doing weights in the gym the other week. Don’t know if anyone managed to save them or screen shot but Franga looks much fitter and it was great to see them all slogging it out.

No pressure son.

Thought Kyle was a Bombers supporter as a kid.

You thought wrong

Nah he’s right, both The and Lav are Don supporters. Can’t speak for his old man.

http://woo-cdn220-is-2.se.bponlinewoc2264.ngcdn.telstra.com/platform_release/749/866/20141127_dodorowrap_web_S_2414737268__673366.mp4

Thought Kyle was a Bombers supporter as a kid.

You thought wrong

Nah he’s right, both The and Lav are Don supporters. Can’t speak for his old man.

http://woo-cdn220-is-2.se.bponlinewoc2264.ngcdn.telstra.com/platform_release/749/866/20141127_dodorowrap_web_S_2414737268__673366.mp4

That interview makes me smile…a lot!

in the telecasted interview with langas he says his mate on the couch with him is a huge dons fan so hes excited for him. Nothing about being a dons fan himself.

It doesn’t really matter afl prospects get the team their barracking for drilled out of them quick smart. Good organisations will keep good players.

Meh!

Not going anywhere…

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKaqjJhgwpv/?taken-by=klangford30

Is MASSIVE

Yep don’t let Gerald Healy get a look at those pythons. He makes Melksham look anemic.

in the telecasted interview with langas he says his mate on the couch with him is a huge dons fan so hes excited for him. Nothing about being a dons fan himself.

It doesn’t really matter afl prospects get the team their barracking for drilled out of them quick smart. Good organisations will keep good players.

Yeah, but could you seriously see Langford volunteering that information about himself with any level of excitement!

Yeah, but could you seriously see Langford volunteering that information about himself with any level of excitement!

Yeah.
So.
I won a Lamborghini today.
It’s nice.

I love this kid! People slammed Gawn when he came out and said he wanted to be the number 1 ruck in the league and he ■■■■■■ did it!
He has the tools and work ethic to become a very good player. He is only 19 too! He will only succeed if he keeps going about his footy this way.