#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Our governing body is now quoting information from Fox on social media. What is this, the USA?

And I mentioned a wall…

#MakeEssendonGreatAgain

Hi Donald! Whadya think about Aussie Rules?

Our governing body is now quoting information from Fox on social media. What is this, the USA?

And I mentioned a wall…

#MakeEssendonGreatAgain

Hi Donald! Whadya think about Aussie Rules?

It’s tremendous.

(I’ll stop now)

I look forward to that post being quoted during negotiations for his next contract : p

Fortunately for everyone involved they don’t let me anywhere near any of those kinds of negotiations :wink:

Quick question Paul, what was with the sweatbands on the whole team? I assumed since every player had at least one on there must be some sort of new monitor we’re trialling? Or was it just for the conditions?

It was hot :slight_smile:

Ha ha, I wasn’t up there but the heat combined with the mega humidity no doubt made for slippery conditions, I assume that’s all it was. AFAIK the every week sweatbands have probably retired with Crowls, never seen Langers use them before for example.

The commentators on Fox Footy discussed them actually. They are used to prevent the sweat dripping down to your hands in the heat. They act as a wall, as you will, for sweat.

So confusing, I wonder why they are called sweat bands…

I look forward to that post being quoted during negotiations for his next contract : p

Fortunately for everyone involved they don’t let me anywhere near any of those kinds of negotiations :wink:

Quick question Paul, what was with the sweatbands on the whole team? I assumed since every player had at least one on there must be some sort of new monitor we’re trialling? Or was it just for the conditions?

Ha ha, I wasn’t up there but the heat combined with the mega humidity no doubt made for slippery conditions, I assume that’s all it was. AFAIK the every week sweatbands have probably retired with Crowls, never seen Langers use them before for example.

The commentators on Fox Footy said they are used to prevent the sweat dripping down to your hands in the heat. They act as a wall, as you will, for sweat.

Look at Katie getting all technical :stuck_out_tongue:

Katie wears them when logging onto Blitz.

The commentators on Fox Footy said they are used to prevent the sweat dripping down to your hands in the heat. They act as a wall, as you will, for sweat.

Don’t we all :wink:

I thought you were more of a tissues type guy.

I thought you were more of a tissues type guy.

Back to your grammar school days again, Mr Boot?

I know that if I was a board member logging on to the emotional basket case that a footy club forum is I’d be a sweaty mess.

It’s coming together for this kid. Look out!

8 Likes

I thought he had a pretty good game on the weekend. Like him at Half Forward and Mid.

1 Like

Did he have 13 touches and a goal in the 2nd? or were his touches more evenly spread out across the 4 quarters?

He and Laverde are the 2 players that can launch us into the next tier.

14 in the first half I think.

Normalised to 100% game time he’s averaged ~22disp per game across the JLT, after a pretty slow start.

I really enjoyed his 2nd quarter, he was popping up everywhere and look composed, was getting to all the right spots, and kicked that lovely goal.

I can see him really making it. Apparently Jobe’s working a lot with him, and I can see similar traits, big body, time to weigh up the right option in traffic and strong forward leads when down there. He’s one I definitely aim to watch closely each game this season. Big things coming.

2 Likes

Good to hear, Jobe will have a huge impact I am sure. Jobe’s biggest asset is his inside work, there are none better. Last year I thought langers was pretty average in this area. He used to panic a bit and was too slow to get rid of it, he is getting much better now though. He is already a great lead and mark in the fwd line, and has proven to be accurate in front of the sticks. I still think that is his best position. In saying that he states he is basing his game on Fyfe. He has shown enough for me to say he is certainly on the right track to become just as good one day.

1 Like

It’s pretty exciting really. He is quicker, a better mark and a better kick than jobe. If jobe can bring him up to speed with his hands, vision and work in heavy traffic we’ll have one hell of a weapon on our hands.

The “he’s a forward” talk seems to be dying off a bit too.

2 Likes

I’m convinced he’ll be excellent at both and will do both.

8 Likes

His best impact was in the f50.

5 Likes

50/50 mid/fwd fine with me.

That goal from the pocket…Oh my lordy.

Which he got sliding around the back of the stoppage from outside 50 not as a lead up.

Not to say he can’t lead up