#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

When’s Langford been in the middle?? Very very rarely if at all

He’s been an old school ‘second stringer’ in both games.

In center bounces or around the ground?

I honestly don’t recall him at all in hawks game and have only seen last three qtrs of lions.

I reckon he’s been in the middle everytime Joe has rucked.

I may be, and have been before, wrong. I haven’t been specifically looking for it.

I honestly don’t remember either but certainly haven’t noticed (which may be bad news)

He has definitely been in the middle near the latter stages of a few quarters, but I may be extrapolating the two or three times I remember into ‘every time.’

This. Half-forward it has to be for mine, everything he has shown so far has been there. Obvious shame so far about his kicking for goal the first two weeks, but we have to persist, he has the tools he’ll be right.

Happy to treat his poor accuracy so far this year as an abberation. Was very solid last year from 40+.

Kicked the set shot last night when it counted, too.

Needed too after minutes earlier kicking that horrendous dribble kick. Also kicked a very easy set shot OOF, wasn’t his best game that’s for sure

Funny how blitz has a history of disliking players that only show one emotion when playing.

Slattern, Ryder, Stanton (earlier in career), Gleeson, Langford, Jerrett.

I don’t want them to go full Goddard but maybe more Hooker. A bit more Hocking and a bit more Mcveigh.

2 Likes

Jeez, you talk ■■■■!

But players have to be told that under no circumstances are they to dribble kicks from more than 10 metres, unless they’re on the ridiculous angle.

1 Like

I was going to say the player he reminds me of is Ryder. Obviously different role, but similar in the way he lopes along laconically.

3 Likes

Well yeah. But if you insist on referencing the failures then maybe the true significance is that he got his ■■■■■ together and didn’t let everything fall apart?

Of course, i tend to focus on positives and ignore negatives which is probably a failing on my behalf too.

But still, after an overall middling game, he got it done when we needed it.

Agree there, after the night he had it took a heap of composure to put that goal through and plenty of other players may have got the yips

1 Like

This is 100% spot on.

For what ever reason humans find it hard to connect with others who don’t share their emotions. Whilst I see Langford’s lack of emotion as a sign of good temperament and calmness on the footy field others think he isn’t trying, doesn’t care or is disinterested.

2 Likes

I said this really early days. Mitch Brown is the same.

It’s just never going to agree with Blitz, that attitude. Unfortunately as forum warriors we can’t demand that every player breathes fire when they play footy - not everyone is like that.

2 Likes

Wasn’t happy with his first half. I was happy for him that he got involved late and kicked a pretty good goal. He should have received a free from having arms chopped and pulled down by the shoulder in the marking contest a little earlier.
He can be dangerous up forward, but he is severely lacking in his defensive side of his game. The urgency and pressure are not there, the tackling is poor and the clumsy free kicks happen too often.
I think he has the talent, and we need to persist with him, and it will come for Langers. Lets hope he can reproduce his performance from last year against Carlton this week. It will do his confidence the world of good.

2 Likes

He’ll be alright. He’s still a baby and learning.

I think we need to actually tell him his specific role because it feels like he doesn’t even know.

The best things he’s done have been in the forward line. So between his lazy snap last week and grub kick last night he’s showing less.

Yawn :weary: Getting involved more & more, will continue to improve.

Some posts here !?! ,… I know most are just from kidz, but FMD.

Ignorance IS Blitz. .

1 Like