#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

It was a ■■■■ kick made into a goal by the loop behind.
Credit where due. Kyle did stuff all for 95% of the game but he did that very very well.

if it was a ■■■■ kick, Lang wouldnt have maked it.

Honestly, when its wet go to plan B. Our mistake was, we didn’t.

Carlton were all over us and I hate to say this but we were out played, out smarted and well and truly out coached. A forgettable game for us and I hope we learn from it. Like plan B. We had half a dozen players who really played their guts out. The rest were there.

Time for the Magoos.

This is ridiculous. He was 65m out, there were 4 Carlton players in our D50 to 1, and it. Was before the heavy rain came down. He made the right decision.

Except Blitz is exaggerating how bad he’s been. An example, everyone can’t wait for Green to get back while many are critical of Langford’s first game. Statistically they were pretty much identical. There certainly wasn’t sufficient difference to justify how different the views of the games were. If Langford kicks straight he’d be having a decent season. But he’s still made several clutch goals.

1 Like

How come everyone was fine with Hartley getting dropped after one bad game (which wasn’t that bad) yet Langers has been a bit off all season and people are raging?

I was pretty annoyed at Hartley being dropped.

7 Likes

My thoughts are , that he’s not running and not competing near hard enough. His metres gain is poor , and much to with confidence , and much to do with being ignored a lot. I agree needs to get some spark back , clearly is very talented , but as we know if you loose a bit of confidence at any thing you second guess and are reactive

1 Like

Eric Hipwood had 2 touches yesterday. I wouldn’t be trying to talk up Hartley’s game last week on him.

We supposedly have depth. The 2’s played well. The seniors were embarrassing. There should be changes. It’s only a matter of who.

1 Like

I was also. I guess what I want to see is the best thing for the development of both Kyle and the team. I can’t see our best 22 in 12 months without him. Some kids you just persist with and I reckon he’s one of them.

Having said that, I wouldn’t be suprised if he was in the twos this week, I would however be disappointed.

3 Likes

Darcy Moore has bugger all, McCartin had bugger all, Kyle had bugger all , im certain all three are better than reasonable players. Duggan playing reserves, Corey Ellis same so these are all first rounders

I’d drop him next week has had 3 average games. I don’t think he has been awful and stil think he will be a great player. Just need to reward form in the 2nds. Stewart in, allows jd to stay fwd and not Ruck. Stewart deserves a game

We also should not just gift games to people who arnt in form. He’s had three goes at it this year and hasnt done much at all

Bird collected 37 touches on the weekend, and has been in our best 3 all of the vfl games. He deserves a run

5 Likes

I like Langford a lot but he’s out of form and out of confidence. There are other players in form in the 2’s. Time to send him back to the seconds to regain confidence.

1 Like

Langford was rubbish yesterday. He made it look like the ball was slippery, like the ground was wet, and like the bloos players were wet and slippery.

Everyone else had an awesome game, Langford was our biggest problem.

Seriously now, how any player can be judged in those conditions is beyond me.

3 Likes

Three games, three shockers is what it comes down to. I thought he played some excellent games last year and moved easily past Laverde, but this year he’s gone back to his first year form at best. I’m not going to attempt to diagnose the problem, but he’s nowhere near deserving a spot in the team at the moment.

1 Like

How anyone can think people are only judging him on yesterday’s​ game is beyond me. Its been stated over and over again that he has had a poor start to the year.

If you drop people based on yesterday’s form you would drop Langford, Fanta, Tippa, Zaha, Daniher, Hooker and probably Baguely.
However that would be silly particularly based on one game. However Langford has now had three very ordinary games, and we should be rewarding three very ordinary games with a stint in the reserves. And I would think Zaha shouldn’t be far behind him.
The others however have runs on the board this season and should be allowed one poor game.

I like Langford a lot but he’s out of form and out of confidence. There are other players in form in the 2’s. Time to send him back to the seconds to regain confidence.