#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

He’s worrying. I’m very concerned. He’d want to show something soon

10 Likes

Langford - Cleary set up 33% of our goals. Smart evasion and kick to Colyer own mark and goal. Kicks to him set it not awful, but needs to up the competitiveness.

I agree most are rating his entire season. What I don’t get is why he is being rated so down for his first two games. He kicks straight (and gets that obvious free kick against Brisbane) and he would be having a really good first two games. People keep saying half-forwards have a tough job getting it a lot, and yet nobody seems to want to give this kid any slack. Is it because he’s (in Blitz minds) also a midfielder? But I don’t think he’s started in the midfield much at all.

This old piece of rubbish. So if you did want to drop Langford after round 2, who exactly were you going to replace him with? At that point NONE of the half-forwards in the VFL had done anything, so you would have been “gifting” a game to a player who didn’t deserve it. Hell, we’d had to replace Howlett who had replaced Green (another forward) with Hocking, because there was no like for like replacement showing anything in the VFL.

The only player who had put their hand up in a similar position was Stewart, which would have meant going in with an even taller team for a wet game.

Langford wasn’t gifted a game. Between earning it and being the best performer in his role available, he was the logical choice. Even now the options to replace him are Jerrett (mixed reviews on his game this week, pretty innocuous games the two previous weeks) or change the structure and go taller with Francis/Stewart.

But heh, it’s always nice to have the delusion that there is definitely someone better available in the seconds.

I think if you have langford in this week, he needs help from frang.

The idea of Francis is much greater than the reality of Francis. He’s hardly bashing down the door in the twos. Considering this, I’m not sure why people expect he’ll do any better in the ones.

9 Likes

Think I have said this before but there might be concerns regarding Frangers engine and his capacity to run out games at the top level. Not sure how long the club will give him to get up to speed.

As long as it takes, and it won’t be long.

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/uploads/default/original/2X/0/0da8fc9b87f17f13fd853e70f762e41d800566ec.jpg

I’m not even gonna go into whether he should be playing ones or not. I don’t know.
And I don’t know because I know that the way he looks has far more of an impact on me than what he actually does.
He looks like he doesn’t care. He looks like he doesn’t put in.
And that ■■■■■■ me off.
This photo ■■■■■■ me off.
Not a hair out of place.

So…I’m happy not to weigh into should he or shouldn’t he, because I know I’m hopelessly biased.

3 Likes

I wish that was a joke post. But at least you recused yourself. I don’t know if that makes it any better.

2 Likes

Some people see his mark and goal.
I see the time he trotted next to the ball and watched it go out of bounds when we had an open forward line.

I know he can/could be good though.
Really good.

1 Like

…so what you’re saying is…

1 Like

On this, I wouldn’t mind seeing some more Joey D type rye smiles. His smile is brilliant, really loves being out there.

Give me more of that!

I want more Benny the Bull.

I’d drop him because he probably wouldn’t be too upset by it.

4 Likes

If Laverde wasn’t injured. Langford would be in the two’s

2 Likes

If people remember back to last season, he started kind of slow too. Took him a few games to start getting a feel for it. Ended on a very big high against the Blues.

He is still trying to find his feet in this new look team and he is very young too. Might play in the 2s from time to time but the potential is there. He will improve and be a regular of our senior side for many years.

Looking at that photo, . I hadn’t realised what a run he’d give Nernan in a Turtle neck wearing competition.

Biltz pls
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CD1DAl1VIAEobBy.png

11 Likes

I don’t think you drop Langers after the last game. There were plenty of under performers on Sunday.
I am critical of langers on what I perceive to be a lack of defensive effort. I really hope this is a message he is getting from the coaching team.
He needs to play, and we need to pump this kid up because his development is very important to the future of our team, and I think he will learn more in the seniors than in the 2s.

1 Like