#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Back in the change rooms, he looked gutted that he missed out today.

There was one. Melb or Freo?

Melb… went with Joe and Hooker only.

1 Like

I see that as a real positive in the kids favour.

Needs to lose control of his emotions and go to the dark side. We have cookies.

2 Likes

And your point is?

Your point seemed to be that we might only play two hit up forwards… I was just making the point that we usually play three.

Anyway, my main point was that Langford faces competition for the 3rd hit up forward role.

My statement was that we won’t play 3 TALL forwards every week.

And as far as the club and coaches are concerned, The Langford is not in the running for hit up forward, he is an inside mid.

And your point is?

I think we’re in agreement. The club should keep developing him as an inside mid. I’m just saying do that in the VFL rather than putting him on the HFF.

Seriously?

I can’t be bothered.

Nice edit btw.

1 Like

Langford is in prime position to take Watson’s role in 2018 or at least share it with Myers - Most of the season in the VFL playing that role will have him primed in 2018.

3 Likes

Yep, Myers I reckon is the hope.

Langford may jump him in the queue, but isn’t there yet.

1 Like

Rare to have all your inside mids avoid at least a couple of games missed due to injury.
It’s up to Langford to put himself ahead of Bird, Howlett, and Hocking for the next in line, and he will get his chance this year.
Extended midfield minutes in the Twos is the best way for him to do this, especially if he can channel his inner dark side.

2 Likes

I would prefer Langford to Myers because of his ability forward.

Wooshas blueprint is interchangeable positions that provide depth through midfield. Langford could play 70% midfield and still have an impact when forward.

Myers for me is very one dimensional.

4 Likes

lang the ford

bring.him.in

3 Likes

The Langford has been banished to the shadow realm

He will eventually come in but hey are doing the right thing make him really earn it. I am trying to think of previous examples where they made players really produce sustained form in the 2s. I have seen it in the past but can’t recall examples. I think he will hopefully come back a different player with real appetite for a contest and urgency.

1 Like

Fixed.

I reckon most will be amazed when he comes back in.

Colyer

3 Likes

And Winderlich.

1 Like

I’d imagine a guy who publicly announces his desire to model his game on Fyfe would find playing in the twos frustrating; I say that sincerely without sarcasm. I’d also imagine that a combination of the above ambition and frustrations could bring out the best in his game.

Wouldn’t it be great if we got to keep our draft picks (instead of trading them out) and still found a way to improve our midfield? Some people may not be sold on the Langford but the fact that there are people arguing over where he plays best tends to indicate there is talent indeed.

It’s up to the club to find a way to nurture him toward being the footballer we (or he, I’m fine with Fyfe 2.0) all hope he can be and I like the way it’s happening at the moment.
Looking forward to watching his response in the VFL or intensity in the ones, I’m buying stock in the Langford.
hop, skip, jumps onto bandwagon