#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

His best game as a midfielder and showed what he could do for the first time.

2 Likes

Not our worst and hopefully we will see him play another two or three in a row before the end of the year.

1 Like

He got 7 tackles and 3-4 clearances, that was the main thing people wanted to see. Give him a break for the week, it’s at the very least a pass. I thought he looked really good that first half, he is only 20, he will learn to make an impact for a whole game soon.

3 Likes

Getting better every week, he also went in a lot harder and squared up some brisbane player on the boundary.

If hes improvement keeps up keep him in.

Got a lot of the ball, did sweet FA with it. Disposal efficiency of 50% isn’t good enough.
Also let’s too many tackles he HAS to stick through.
Big question marks on him unfortunately

Is there any way he could gather the ball without fumbling it? This is the AFL.

Thought his effort was ok but skill execution was very poor. Wasn’t very clean handling the ball but not alone. Think he needs to be persisted with.

1 Like

The guy seems to be able to lay a fairly decent tackle, and that’s it. He’s gone so far backwards, I really wonder what’s caused it. He seemed to start off his career so well.

I thought today was a step in the right direction after a very disappointing season so far.

2 Likes

THE FORWARD

alot of the ball in 1 qrt then disappeared… Only 3 possessions in the last when needed.

Took a step fwd as a Mid today. If he keeps this improvement trajectory, we’ll be lauding his work in a few weeks.

Did enough to confirm that he is our best prospect for a young big-bodied inside mid.

10 min on field in last would be a reason

That’s kind of depressing

6 Likes

He’s the least of worries. My concern is we need 2 or 3 more by which time some of the better older players in positions of strength will be past it. Rebuilding a team in AFL is a very difficult task. Need to bring in a mid 20s gun from elsewhere to help move things along. Then pray a Langford or Lav type get good quickly!

Surely we’ve all seen some very impressive attributes from him at different times. He’s trying to make a career as an inside midfielder which takes a lot longer than other mids especially when you arrive at the club weighing 30kg. I’ve seen enough to know he’ll be a quality player, just needs time.

1 Like

Does his best work when delivering inside 50. Smart user, and can hoof it a fair distance too. Leads up well and can obviously mark the ball.

I still think he’s an Angus Monfries style half forward, but considering the dire state of our midfield, I’m happy for them to keep trying him in there for the rest of the year.

The kid has talent, no doubt.

2 Likes

He could have done a lot better, but for some weird reason known only to the coaches, after getting 15 possessions as a mid in the first half, they decided to sit him on the bench for all bar 6 minutes of the second half. And for the 6 minutes they did let him on the ground he was played as a deep forward. Unbefarkingleivable!

10 Likes

I wouldn’t normally say I hope someone was sick or carrying an injury, but damn.