#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Good talk. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

With the exception of timing on that last one he had about as much chance winning first possession in those centre bounces as I did watching from Warnbro, WA!

Great videos, thank you.

People on blitz fkn love to rip into this guy.

1 Like

Look at Smith and Parish in the last stoppage only 2 blokes in there that were making an effort.

C’mon man. This witchhunt you are on now includes Mr Football. Dude.

Soon people are gonna being saying “YOU NEVER GO FULL NINO”

Calm your ■■■■ man.

• you edited so I will edit. If you are gonna critique then know the difference between McG and Parish. By saying there was 2 tryers you are now singling out Langford and Leuey for not trying. Do you hear yourself man?

“You should always go… unless you shouldnt”

It’s the insights like this that keep me coming back.

I think a lot of the hangups with langford as a mid was early on a lot of talk about how similar to fyfe he can be. unless he starts doing stuff like this, i think the midfield dream won’t come to fruition.

1 Like

Arguably the best thing to come out of the game for us yesterday. Draper should be moved up the ruck pecking order. Luey has had his day, and offers us very little going forward.

1 Like

I thought you just enjoyed raging at people on the internet.

Like to know weight difference between Fyfe n Lang

Langford’s listed at 90, Fyfe at 92

The comparison between Fyfe and Langford is very aspirational.

Fyfe in his first year showed intensity, courage and the want for the contest even though he didn’t have the body mass.
Langford is yet to show anywhere near what Fyfe showed in his rookie year let alone what he’s shown since then.

4 Likes

Fyfe looked awesome today.

Fyfe Dusty Danger what a battle this year.

Missing Heppell and Merrett, throw in Goddard and Myers bigger bodies it wouldn’t have been as bad

1 Like

I vaguely recall that was a bit of a throwaway line from Langford himself in the lead up to the draft.

I’m starting to think goddard the 34 year old needs to play full time big bodied mid this year so we don’t get absolutely smashed in there.

Langford got a very raw deal yesterday. Sat off for all but 5 min of first half- most of 3rd and comes on when Richmond were out of control. Give the boy some ■■■■■■■ space.

Stringer was woeful- as were quite a few - his the game changer according to blitz.

Langers will probably leave / traded whatever and Laverde fir that matter so whos next on tbe block- play Langford HF- Wing HBF done

It’s interesting to watch those clearances. God luey is an awful tap ruck. Langford seems to be setting up on the attacking side. This is actually the defensive side of a centre clearance for us because tbell likes to tap it behind. Langford isn’t going to win a lot of clearances standing there. He misses one tackle he should have made. He’s certainly doesn’t get under the ruckman’s feet and he seems to prefer to hold his width. He doesn’t seem to anticipate well at these situations.

Correct, it’s Langford who wants to be like Fyfe and for some reason we are persisting with it.

I remember when we had a good tap ruckman…

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to be able to hunt the ball at AFL level.
Need a hunger, thirst for that type of grunt work.
Seems too passive as a midfielder.
Struggles to make things happen.
I guess he’s only just turned 21 and they’re trying to teach him a new craft.
So I guess we should cut him some slack.

2 Likes