#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

He had a hand in half our clearances, was really good i thought

2 Likes

I’m still not sure how high his ceiling is as a midfielder, but he’s already better for the team then Myers.

Langford over Myers is a friggin no-brainer.

20 Likes

At stoppages he had shiels and i thought he did a good job checking his run.
He got his hands on the ball and got a few handballs into players with more space. He was desperate at ground level. That was an improvement.
Keep him in and Laverde in.

2 Likes

How was that a free kick against him when he outbodied the defender at the top of the square?

Almost had his jersey ripped off earlier in the game and no free either

4 Likes

Umps missed a lot of holds on him tonight, was harshly done by. Still had an impact.

10 Likes

This week they went out of their way to square the ledger after their small generosity’s against the Cats.

1 Like

Handball off for a goal in that first was nice

1 Like

Showed his strength numerous times by standing up in tackles. Every game he gets he will continue to develop. Pleasing signs for me.

9 Likes

Knows what he’s doing - but it’s the first game that I’ve seen him have confidence in what he’s doing. Goal was mint.

1 Like

Showed a lot of effort tonight.

Is really building some good form. Is looking to be the extractor and throw himself into contests a lot more as well which is really encouraging.

Keep him in for the rest of the year.

4 Likes

24 pressure acts. Equal 6th best on the ground. Second week in a row he’s been well up in that

12 Likes

If we want to see a midfield group develop then he has to play…

…oh, and on his game last night he deserves to.

Can rest forward and be dangerous. As others have said, he could very well have had 3 goals to go with his midfield time tonight.

2 Likes

I’d prefer Clarke.

1 Like

Has really worked on his core strength. Is now able to stand in tackles and get a good handpass away. Also as mentioned above has the ability to force his man off the ball. Potential to become a very good inside mid like, dare I say it, the no.4 before him.

1 Like

He is getting close to becoming a consistent ones player I reckon. He has always done everything right just at about 90% intensity. He Is now getting pretty close to 100. Maybe the club has taken the right approach with Kyle, Who would have thought it? Not me.
Must keep playing him now though surely.

was it me or did he spend a lot of time forward?

Yeah, he was forward far more than last week.

Spent s lot of time on the bench again also.

Not sure why because his pressure stats and tackling indicate he’s staying involved in the game as well as what he does when he has the ball.

He’s as fit as anyone on the list so I hope they start giving him more minutes on the ball.

He’s really starting to show a lot more of the creativity he shows st VFL level.

When they’re spending plenty of time forward?

2 Likes

Turns out this guy is an inside mid. Lucky team not run by Blitz mafia.

2 Likes

I know right, it’s like I’ve heard the same thing 50,000 times, only differently!