#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

He’s always been that year off what we expect, must be that December thing. :smirk:
Might have a look at posts over the off season gone by to get a gage of where he’ll be at next year.

11 tackles.
I love how hard he works.
Not forgetting the silk he provides

19 Likes

It was a great game from THE, his pressure in the middle was needed and he provided it.

Kid’s a jet.

Best game I’ve seen him play.

Great to see he and Laverde kick 6 between them.

17 Likes

I used to worry his low possesion was a worry. But wow that’s the best 15 possession game I’ve seen in a long time. Hugely influential.

4 Likes

Top 10 Brownlow next year.

1 Like

3 goals, 11 tackles.

That’s awesome level of attack, and awesome level of defence.

Great game.

4 Likes

The way he won the ball on the outer wing in the third qtr and delivered a perfect 45-50 mtr kick to Brown to help set up his goal was outstanding.

And that stunning goal in the last from the boundary…oh my!

He has done some absolutely exquisite things in the second half of the year to really make you sit up and pay attention.

Can’t wait to see what he’ll produce next year.

2 Likes

Look last season I thought he hated the hard stuff…gee he loves it now…really like him.

Really nice game from Langers.

1 Like

That mark and then goal from 50 out was something very special.

He use to play like a kid amongst men and didn’t believe he was big or strong enough.

Now, he literally plays as if he’s the biggest and strongest kid on the park.

I love it.

7 Likes

Will be elite. Love watching him play now, just so classy and playing like he belongs. Hirdy mentoring him this year must have had an impact.

Phis tackling was top notch. They tried to break it and couldn’t. Just buried them

Kicking was amazing. The was one instance in the 3rd qtr, kick high to the win, he kept his feet pet in the contest which his opponent lost his. Then hit a perfectly weighted 50m kick to a Brown who then went back and goaled.

Superb

4 Likes

So often it’s just when the penny drops that they are good enough to play well at the top level. Then comes consistency.

I think in the last half of the season we’ve had a few make that breakthrough, like Langers, Darcy and Franga…hopefully Iceman and the Commo (red man).

5 Likes

He will tear games apart one day. His impact per possession is fantastic.

1 Like

Technically his tackling may be the best in the side. Once he gets 2 hands on his opponent the tackle sticks.

Who would have thought that would be in his repertoire…

Langford has arrived.

3 Likes

Impressive output, such an impact. Can’t believe he didn’t have more of it. Not only an elite kick but disciplined when nothing’s on.
He was excited as I when he kicked that goal in the last. Classy goal.

1 Like

I know we played the flakiest flakes to ever flake tonight but I love seeing us dominate the tackle count. 11 for langers is superb and his finishing is getting better and better.

3 Likes