#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Should play the year out but he has no footy smarts.

He so often drags the ball in and gets pinned for holding the ball.

He was guilty of kicking it on our forwards’ head multiple times last night too

At least when Kyle was clean bowled he wasn’t in the goal square

2 Likes

Killer mike how do you feel about Kyle last night?

Was poor just like 90% of his teammates.

Wasn’t as poor as some are making out on here though. He has always been a whipping boy though.

8 Likes

I was speechless twice last night at his lack of awareness when he should have been going to the ball but had his back turned to it. But he also has shown that he can play - I dunno what you’d do with him. I always thought he’d be the one to make it out of him and Lav, complete 180 on this now, Lav looks the goods just needs to get his consistency up would make a great 1-2 with Stringer in the mid-sized fwd positions

1 Like

its just stupid to say he had a lack of effort its not like afl players go out there and just dont try he simply just had a bad game like alot of our team did

3 Likes

7 tackles is great but 15 disposals is not. He does some strange things at games and it makes you wonder where his head is at. Still shows enough to make you think he will be a decent player, but he will never be an a grader. He was no worse than anyone else last night though, the whole team was out of whack.

2 Likes

Why acknowledge that the whole team was putrid when you can just blame it on Langford not chasing an opponent down the wing

2 Likes

I thought we won about 4 positions for the night so singling out a few players is not very productive in my opinion.

Our skills are the worst I have seen for a long time and if we can’t fix that we will never get anywhere.

4 Likes

Dog of a game.

2 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see how he responds. Does he keep his head dropped which inevitably ends up with him getting dropped, or do we see a brand new Langford come out guns blazing next week? I hope he gets the chance to respond anyway.

1 Like

He should get a chance. His game last week was great. As terrible as he was last night, surely he gets a game to redeem himself.

It want his ball use that was the issue, just a general lack of effort to avoid problems from turning into goal for WCE. Multiple times he was caught ball watching and then instead of busting his ■■■■ to make up he canted along behind and watch WC surge forward.

You just can’t let players get that much room and then not bust your ■■■■ to cover them.

He needs to learn that to not get spanked as hard as he was last night by several WC players to avoid it happening all together. Don’t give them the room. And when the game isn’t going your way, it’s best to crack into the contest harder and shut it down there rather than let it get on the outside and get slaughtered. He stayed in no mans land between the two and was a passenger around the contest.

Hopefully it’s some tough reviews today, some real learning and he cleans it up for the future. But he can’t have too many of those again.

Clarke has relatively similar numbers, but at least the tried to win the contest and fought hard. Langers stood by or chased after we had already lost it and may have got the tackle but they broke away after anyway.

There has to be a reason why many of our players when being outplayed did not go one on one and wear their opponent like a glove. We gave W.C. far too much space and they capitalised on it. And its something we do when we’re a tad off. We’ve got to stop doing it. If our boys can’t do what they want to do then spoil the other players run, tackle and generally make a nuisance of yourself. We let teams walk over us.

Fairly called out by the commentators for that half arsed chase but he was far from on his pat Malone there.

Thought he was ok and cleaner than most on a dirty night

He wasn’t great, but he has at least some versatility. Disappointing were repeat fumbles in a lot of in-close handball chains when we were trying to free the ball, and a little bit of lack of intensity around the ball. I’m a bit wary of criticising guys who don’t/can’t chase when you don’t know what their GPS looks like for the period before, but the highlighted one was immediately after a break, so didn’t look flash.

Was certainly one of many who dropped his bundle after the first quarter. Umpiring decisions, are deflating these players a couple of percent thats needed to be competitive against a good side. If a handful of players do this everything goes out the window.

We cant change or control the umpiring, but the players can try change there attitude when things are not going our way. Its hard when the other team gets to play to different rules. But unfortunately they need to learn to stay together and play through it.

Everyone gets a rough run in the west, or playing collingwood.

2 Likes

One of our dumb footballers, with questionable intensity.

3 Likes

I am not picking this guy if we made a final.