#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Agree he’s frustrating but he always does good ■■■■ in the last qtr every close game we play

I dunno

1 Like

The guy is a supporting act. Not someone to build a forwardline or midfield around.
The quicker we understand that the better.

The biggest problem was the Fyfe / Pendelbury comparisons since his drafting. He’s the equivalent of Heffernan and Blumfield of our last premiership team. At best, he could be a very important third tall forward (like Tom Lynch from Adelaide).

He’ll be in the bottom handful of our best 22 players until other youngsters overtake him.

3 Likes

Heff and Blumfield were good.

7 Likes

Keep playing him. He does enough each week to continue when we have so many injuries.
It is either going to come together, or eventually our list depth will push him out. For now though, not sure we have anyone fit who should be in ahead of him
The upside is worth the perseverance. Needs confidence, hopefully it will click

2 Likes

Heffsgirls and Blummers32 arguing about Heffernan and Blumfield. Here we go.

5 Likes

That contest in the last where he dropped at the knees expecting contact from behind and missed the mark was…well, really ordinary. And this is coming from a BIG Langford fan.

I’m wavering a bit on him - I think he will be a good player. I’m not sure it will be with EFC which is a shame.

You mean the one where he actually got front on contact?

I just love the fact that all you “experts” decide who is good or not, or how hard they go, or if they fumble, and this goes for all the players. Unless you have played AFL at the highest level, show some respect to people that do. FFS sake, it a ■■■■■■ hard game.

6 Likes

It’s that sort of day

Agree, Hep copped a lot of flack early in his career for something very similar, I’m surprised he has escaped such criticism, despite the slight frontal contact.

You might wanna have another look at the vision. I’m not trying to hang him, but the contact came after his limbo dance.

Do go on…

5 Likes

^^ That’s a paddlin’

2 Likes

He’s got one gear.

2 Likes

maybe he should swap his downers for some uppers.

1 Like

that wasn’t about the players or their ability, it was about the coaches selection for the team!

If were not going to play him half forward, then dont play him at all. hes not a midfielder…

I wish we could give Andy McGrath this guys body without losing pace. Would be an amazing player.

you would have to go back to Jarrod Atkinson against PA in a final when I gave a player a bath… and he deserved it.

Heppel comes back next week. Either Lav or Langford gets the chop for me and the survivor stays well away from the midfield