#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

He’ll play.

1 Like

You know if he hadn’t fumbled the ball around centre half forward last week, Hooker would not have had the time to run back to the goal square, make a lead and mark winning the match.

Langfords deer in the headlights look and fumbling belies some kind of genius. he deserves his spot.

6 Likes

Stringer not right to go yet … Langers back in ?

You know I thought Langford fumbled it at half forward in that last play too but if you watch closely the GWS player on the ground that he knocked over actually gets a hand in to strip him of the ball… Anyway, it all worked out.

3 Likes

Yep and Zakka running into goal from fourty out kicked it out on the farken full. So why is he still in the team?

2 Likes

The ONLY area Guelfi has been outperforming Langford has been strength at the contest including things like shepherds. Langford has him covered in practically every other part of the game. Langford’s last qtr last week was very good & I believe better than anything Guelfi has given to date. Unless Langford is underdone its a poor decision to drop him for Guelfi.

3 Likes

I think one of the problems for Kyle is that he was trained up as an inside mid, which he has never really nailed, but right now Dylan Clark who looks like he learnt that gig from when he was back in the womb, has gone past him. We have a few talented half forwards as well, so Kyle needs injuries to get a game.
Guelfs is quite versatile and offers more flexibility, as well as being a bit harder at the contest.

5 Likes

There’s a few of them…

People seriously underate the sheppards, tackles, smoothers and acts of desperation Guelfi brings. If the rest of the team did this week in, week out, like Guelfi does we would be talking about top four not whether we can make finials.

If Langford had half of this in him he would a star. Langford isn’t soft, but to be anything more than a reasonable afl footballer he needs a harder edge to his game

11 Likes

Excellent?

By what standards?
He’s had 2 big games (both in easy wins against bottom 4 sides), he’s equal 13th in the Nobby and he’s been excellent?

He’s a jobber who’s never going to be any more than a jobber. Dylan Clarke’s taken his job IMO.

He was excellent on ANZAC day. That wasn’t an easy game.

3 Likes

Can’t understand the lack of love for Guelfi.

Sets the bar for the bar fr the extra effort stuff that the rest of the team don’t seem to want to do. He is like Tippa was before he went foward. When he is around a player with the ball you just know that they will be under pressure and something will happen.

You don’t get this kind of player much at Essendon, so plays for mine until the rest of the team pick up this area and force him out.

He might be a jobber, but he is a jobber who gives you 100% all of the time. Which is better than the lottery that some of the boys give us.

13 Likes

So 3 big games.

Hardly excellent?

Just wanted to give him credit for ANZAC day. He’s a fringe 22 player.

I’d honestly take him over Langford though.

One hundred percent this, richmond was full of this type of player and won a flag.

1 Like

And I honestly wouldn’t.

:smile:

1 Like

Yeah, don’t agree with this.

He goes missing just as much as any average player.

2 Likes

He definitely does.

Not sure why we can’t play both Guelfi and Langford.

Langford consistently is kicking goals - kicked 7 in his last 6 games. Was robbed of one against West Coast too.

For me I would have Langford even over Laverde - I think he adds more flexibility and could have the same output in goals…more reliable on set shot too.

My main frustration is guys who have been in the side for years just having 3-4 weeks with zero input to games and they get a pass every time. It’s the culture we breed of accepting mediocrity and hoping talented players will just find form and not have them get it in the VFL to make statements no one is safe.

5 Likes

Will look good alongside Naughton next season, 30 - 40 goal HFF next season