#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Not sure “accepting mediocrity” is what we are doing by dropping Langford. I’d say the opposite.

Re. Laverde, I’d have agreed at the start of the season- but not after the past few weeks. Laverde has been a forward threat despite having some very good AFL defenders on him. That’s a totally different proposition to drifting forward occasionally and hitting the scoreboard. With Stringer back he now has a chance to get off the chain a little.

4 Likes

I honestly don’t get the angst

We are already playing a slightly topheavy fwd line, Lav where we’d have normally had a small.

There is no way we could have Lang doing similar as nowhere near the pace/pressure Lav able to apply.

So no room in fwd line & also wanting to be mindful of team balance for the taller/slower players in team overall.

Then look at mids and the issue Lang faces is he’s only a bit of everything as a mid. Not a standout inside mid (he’s been given development for and opportunity and not grasped it) & not really an outside mid.

One player who i’d see who kind of transitions across both roles in similar vein is Zaka. Who is a far superior player to Lang both inside and outside.

Team selected based on who best can play the roles we need and he’s the one to miss out

If injury occurs as they do he’s straight back in. But for now we’ve essentially got a very fit squad.

13 Likes

WTF dude? You can’t just say a packet of chips. They might just throw those poxy French Fries things our way. I wouldn’t settle for anything less than a party bag of cheese and bacon balls. Maybe Smith’s S&V if they wanted to play hardball. Nothing less than that though.

2 Likes

You just know we’re going to end up with Woolworths original crinkle cut. And people will still complain about Dodoro being difficult.

2 Likes

I’m not sure Footscray can afford to throw in such a snack.

3 Likes

Samboys, or GTFO.

1 Like

Finally we get a topic worth arguing about!

7 Likes

I would have thought with the Tom Boyd retirement they’d have that Red Rock Deli cash.

1 Like

Well, given how hard Dodoro is to deal with, he is going to go in demanding Kettle Chips.

Clarke had to come in IMO, If we played against Reid and Alir in the ruck every week till Belly comes back sure we can leave Clarke out, But we have Goldstein, ROB, and Witts coming up, Clarke needs as much game time to be somewhat battle ready for these big brutes.

3 Likes

Except honey baked ham doesn’t exist anymore and that was the only one worth eating

10/10 thread.

Would read again.

2 Likes

Well we have been 2-3 players down such has been the poor form of Walla, Brown and Fantasia last 2-3 weeks. Langford is kicking more goals and getting more defensive pressure stats playing mostly mid.

3 Likes

Very stiff.

Woosha.

Last week: 21 disposal, 1 goal and 7 tackles hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Lav > Langers.

Fight me.

6 Likes

The angst for me isn’t that he was dropped for this week its more so the fact he has very little wiggle room compared to certain others who have under performed for longer periods. I think he is judged very harshly compared to others

5 Likes

Why are there theories that there will be a late change?

You always need at least 1 emergency in case there is an injury in warm up like Ambrose last week.

Probably see it as a good opportunity for Langford to rest as opposed to others in VFL

Would you genuinely play Langford ahead of Fantasia or AMT?

The Brown comparison is more interesting, and I’ve long said that if Langers is going to make it will be as a forward, but Brown has been asked to hold down CHF against two top 4 sides. I’m not sure that role is in Langford’s future either

As Kelly did.

1 Like