#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

We play Saturday. VFL is Sunday. If he was an emergency for Sat he could still play Sunday. That’s why there are late inclusion theories. And why does he need a rest? We had the bye 2 weeks ago? If he’s injured/sore then he’s not omitted. He’s not playing due to injury.

1 Like

or we’ve got an attitude problem and he’s been disciplined?

always the quiet ones

1 Like

They do like giving 1 a rest each week anyway. Francis, Baguley, Clarke have all done so in past month or so

At the start of the year it was arguments about who out of Parish or Langford deserved a spot in the midfield.

Now the argument is guelfi or Langford.

Notice the difference? One guy came out of that calculation the other is still there.

I’ve liked Langford’s games recently but he is still allways in the bottom couple of midfielders and thus allways vulnerable to being dropped.

1 Like

Having Langford in your bottom rung of midfielders is a very good problem to have

6 Likes

Myers was always a supposed road block also. And now he’s gone but Clarke has taken that spot as the contested ball winner + tagger.

Langford is still a good player but just continually finding himself on fringes of midfield and fwd line at present.

At some stage it needs to be back on the player himself not wailing over the selection panel’s choices

Absolutely

Clarke hasn’t gone ahead of him imo. Clarke is quite limited and done a great job in a couple of games but been so/so in others - nowhere near a lock for me.

4 Likes

Yep, it’s D Clarkes spot Langford is fighting for. Clarke offers a lot more inside, and defensively. But not near as much on the outside, or up fwd.

There isn’t much in it between these 2.

When Smith comes back next yer parish will be up agaist it to keep his spot.

We are building a pretty good midfeild. You can also add mynott and snelling to the mix, both look pretty good in the vfl

Mids are done list wise, it’s talls where we need to concentrate on next.

I disagree. But it also depends by what you mean by jobber. Is it someone who only does their job and does it well? Isn’t that what you/we want all players to do?
Or are you saying he doesn’t have what it takes to win us a match? I reckon he can do what it takes to play an outstanding game - win the ball, kick goals, tackles, beats his man, racks up the 1%s, with a freakish play here and there - that all up are the difference between us losing and winning.

1 Like

I don’t think Clarke is ahead of Langers. But he probably deserves a solid block of games to find out.

1 Like

A team full of so called jobbers will win more consistently. Then a team full of flash in the pan match winners.

We have plenty of talent and not enough consistent jobbers in our team for my liking.

3 Likes

He’s a carpenter, you insensitive clods.

Clarke is capable of playing good footy

3 Likes

20%20pm

6 Likes

Zac Clarke?

D Clarke god the nod over Langford because of who we are playing. We need his inside work against the swans. We can’t afford Langford to be beaten at the coal face.

1 Like

I think it’s fair to say Langford’s career at EFC is over, he knows what the coach thinks of him and how he’s rated internally. Would very, very stunned if he decides to keep playing with us next year when he’d have assurances at a few other clubs.

2 Likes

people seem to think guelfi only had 3 good games.

i rckn hes had many more- is a perfect executor of his role and versatility he provides is a real asset. he constantly pressures and attacks every game - something our team often lacks. might seem like he goes missing but he does little things constantly that help the team out. A pivotal part to our 22 and one of the most underrated players in league imo. had a mate who doesnt support the dons sing his praise as well - something he doesnt do to too many players.

on the other hand it is a shame that langers got dropped as has been playing well. BUT often looks like a deer in the headlights and has put together some really poor performances throughout the year (unlike guelfi imo) lowlight was against the cats - thought he wouldnt get picked again.

overall guelfi gets the spot over langers

2 Likes

Both of them.