#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Against GC, I’m giving Heppell and whoever else needs one a week off. Nobody’s out due to performance. Fantasia the only automatic in of those you’ve mentioned.

1 Like

He is an enigma.

I disagree with this.

He’s had a pretty good run with the selection believers. It’s time for Langers to take the next step. Nobody can do it for him

1 Like

yeh in hindsight

changes would be
Out: Hooker (back/managed) Heppell (Foot/managed)
In Z Clarke, Laverde

is that being arrogant resting Heppell and Hooker? we still should get the job done.

Rarely is there a time or player you say this to but someone needs to tell him to “be a hog”. Doesn’t get many touches and is one of the better disposers and shouldn’t be second guessing to take the shot or take the risky kick.
Probably gets dropped after a number of brain fades and panicking. Not for the first time either.

Had an off night tonight.

There’s a lot of talent knocking on the door, Begs had his chance, and if we want a settled side coming into the end of the year I’d keep him in. But he looks like odd man out as everyone is delivering now.
His time may come, but he could be unlucky. I can see him delivering in a final whereas Lav may not. But Lav is superior in body work, the Langford kicking for goal

1 Like

Leroy Jetta’d the heck out of his two almost shots at goal

4 Likes

I suspect he’ll be dropped for Lav this week

2 Likes

Yeah those two opportunities inside 50 he mucked up were ugly. That is pretty uncharacteristic of him this year though. I suspect he got caught in two minds but he should just be going for goal because he is a quality finisher. I don’t think he adjusted to having his role adjusted very well.

That said he had a moment at a stoppage on the back flank in the last which led to a brown goal where he just effortlessly stepped through the stoppage going the wrong way and released to the outside for Shiel. It was glorious stoppage craft.

I very much prefer him up around the contest drifting forward as opposed to starting forward.

3 Likes

for someone who used to look very comfortable in the forward line, now he looks all at sea up there

1 Like

He is very low on confidence.

3 Likes

I find it interesting that he keeps getting a game even though his possessions are down. Earlier in the season he was dropped after having a decent game. Perhaps they have given him a defensive focus and role that is keeping him in the team?

A lot is down to injuries. No doubt if Smith, Hepp were constantly fit he’d be in the 2s

1 Like

Hopeless. Too slow in everyway

Classic list clogger

2 Likes

Nah, apparently he just looks slow :rofl:

Lethargic as always.

1 Like

Most underwhelming player on the list right now.

3 Likes

Needs trading.

2 Likes