4 Senior List Spots, 1 Rookie & 1 Zac Clarke... Do we take 4 Picks at the National Draft? Or play 2019 with 39-5?

Yeah good fit for the Giants - Funny how many Freo players they’ve now taken

ZAC

CLARKE

1 Like

Would he still be classified as a ‘delisted free agent’ after playing a season in the WAFL given he was delisted last year?

I had assumed he’d have to go into the draft pool to get listed again.

Isn’t Sydney interested in him and doing a medical?

Who came up with the thread title? We have as many draft picks as we have free spots on the list, every single year

6 Likes

While that is 100% correct, Dan Richardson has stated on SEN that we will take 3 picks in the national draft on Tuesday hence the title.

Obviously situation may change in the next 2 weeks - probably based on if we do in-fact sign a DFA.

Hawthorn have signed ex-saints sml forward Darren Minchington.

Gold Coast reportedly interested in Jordan Murdoch.

No.

But I think the rules are changing for next year.

We’re probably just taking both F/S candidates as rookies and taking 5 rookies this year.

2 Likes

Could you imagine the damage he, Tippa, and Fantasia would inflict? Wowee!!

2 Likes

Definite possibility. With McNiece going CatB, certainly gives us options re: F/S rookies.

Would be handy to ‘see who’s left’ at the end of the ND with a 4th pick. If there is still someone we rate worthy of a 2year deal, get the jump ahead of the rookie draft.

Assuming of course that we don’t sign anyone as a DFA.

I reckon we should be having a serious look at Cory Gregson. *pending medical

22 year old sml forward. Has had a terrible run with injury, in particular to the foot where he had the wrong sized screws inserted which caused a re-break. This is the major concern but he is a former gymnast who would love our spongy floors :wink:.

Get the foot right and we would have a very decent prospect as a small fwd. Wouldn’t need to rush him into the team by any-means but would seriously help our sml-fwd depth. Medical prognosis would be the only factor against him.

5 Likes

He looks/reminds me of a younger version of Colyer.

1 Like
1 Like

Cavarra comes with the advantage of actually being able to get on the park.

2 Likes

Isn’t Cavarra what they turned into Metricon Stadium?

17 Likes

What pick range do you think he is going to get drafted at?

I would definitely take him if available with our pick in the 80s, and consider him at 66 depending on how the draft drops.

I don’t think best available talent at pick 34 will be a sml fwd fwiw.

He is a rookie chance, but I feel this is his year. His transition as a small forward has been a successful one. I think he’d be great for us.

Ben Cavarra @WilliamstownFC the standout #PJVFL performer at the @Rookieme state #AFLCombine today:

2.88 20m
8.03 agility
21.7 yo-yo

didn’t realize he was so quick

http://www.williamstownfc.com.au/willie-wheeler/10-latest-news/1263-draft-me-ben-cavarra

4 Likes

I’d really like for us to take a look at Menzel.

1 Like