#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

which is about 25% of game time in midfield. Not enough

Weird that one of the runners in the team had that much time on the bench, surely he was carrying something?

2 Likes

Surely he was still affected from last week? Only reason I can think of for such low game time.

We should punt Myers and let kids like Langford develop properly in the midfield, and no, that’s not a 5 minute stint every quarter. I mean properly develop.

7 Likes

He got seriously poleaxed last week. From the ground to the hospital. I reckon he did well to play at all.

5 Likes

It is when you had shoulder concerns from a brutal bump the previous week.

Between Heppell and Langford both having limited on ball time it’s no wonder Zach got 40 possessions

could some say it was a bad call to even play him?

1 Like

There wasn’t a lot to replace him with.

1 Like

Zerrett still only played 79% game time…

1 Like

He’s basically a one trick pony for the time being. Besides his disposal he doesn’t have anything else. Can’t impact a contest, can’t run, no damage inside 50 or at a stoppage and can’t play a negating role.
Plenty of upside but needs to concentrate on a specific area over the preseason to have a greater influence.

1 Like

He’s about the least one trick player in our midfield.
Plays inside, outside, runs the ball, good overhead, tackles hard, nice kick??

To me he played like he was ■■■■■■ sore. Can’t think why.

6 Likes

These are quite literally all things he has shown at senior level

One of very few on our list who can stand up in a tackle too.

2 Likes

Plays inside - rarely wins it, second to it and tackles that rarely lead to a free kick or turnover.
Good overhead? How many contested marks has he taken, how many are inside 50 or monumental?
Can move the ball that’s about it.
He does a lot and has been given every opportunity but for the time being the only thing damaging in his game is his disposal.
He’ll be a good player but not in a flick of a switch, it will be a slow build but next season he has to have another damaging attribute.

Huh? He doesn’t have speed or elite fitness, he’s constantly at the bottom of tog%. Hasn’t made an impact inside our 50, he kicks it there but I was meaning when he is in there. You can’t argue he’s killing it at stoppages.

He’s doing all those things. most weeks. Not yesterday. Yesterday he was a bit crap.

1 Like

Why are we playing him so little though. Only played 63% game time. Thats a lot on the bench

Everyone remembers last weeks game right?

2 Likes

I kind of get we’re max is coming from. He can do a lot of things but the main way he is influencing games at the moment is his elite kicking.

But he needs more than mid teen possession games with a handful of brilliant kicks. If he can turn games from stints in the middle or his marking he will elevate his game again.

1 Like

Did some of you completely miss the game last week? We played Sydney. Friday night.

Rewatch that and try and work it out.