#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

good call by me.

3 Likes

Seems nonplussed to me.

Hasn’t shown much killer instinct on the field, but this is good.

16 Likes

Imagine the incredible lack of emotion on his face as he was quietly chuffed with that post.

9 Likes

He needs a ‘neither like nor dislike button’ on his social media platforms.

11 Likes

:neutral_face:

2 Likes

A “Whatev’s” button you reckon?

Yeah nah :no_mouth:

Langford is going to be a genuine star for this club. I have no doubt about this.

2 Likes

Me either… it will be worth the wait

1 Like

It seems right a little ■■■■-stirrer like Darcy would get in quick to LIKE that.

Quality burn. Too modest to mention he kicked as many goals as Fark Northern, though.

1 Like

Thanks Dave, … I couldn’t work out what it was about,… just went back and read the text, … funny farker is the Kang.

played really well today. was really good with clearance work and obviously hitting the score board. Our team with langers, laverde, and francis added in is going to be really exciting

Didn’t watch a lot of the game but saw a couple of clear moments of intent / aggression when he didn’t have the ball in the 4th quarter.

Was good to see.

30 touches 2 goals against one of the best VFL teams.

Will inherit the #4 next year, and will do it proud.

4 Likes

This guy is one of my favourites.im bullish about him.

But what I don’t get is people thinking this year is a missed opportunity and he should be in the AFL etc etc.

In our seniors he would not have developed the capacity to dominate games through the middle. He has been racking up big numbers in the middle in the VFL. He needs to build “ball pig” skills so he has the confidence to use his body when he makes the leap up again.

25-30 possession 5 clearance, 5 tackle games in the VFL are far more beneficial for him than 14 possession 1.1 games off half fwd in the AFL.

This is a great long term strategy and I’d he is made of the right stuff it will make him determined to dominate through the middle in upcoming years because he has all the tools.

14 Likes

Nah, you cant develop in the VFL, must play all kids in the AFL side or its a wasted season for them. We will only play a token finial anyway. So we may as well of played all the kids and got flogged every week so we can get another top draft pick. Bugger playing players on there Merrets regardless of age. Well that’s the mentality of many around here, but I could not agree with your post more.

1 Like

This false dichotomy of playing the kids or winning ■■■■■ me up the wall. It’s not play the kids or win. It’s not even play the kids or be competitive. It doesn’t have to be Play The Kids as code for tanking where you bring in 18 year old small forwards to play first ruck. You can bring in kids in to replace the underperforming senior players and still be competitive. In fact perhaps if you bring in some kids with decent VFL form to replace your bottom 3-4 players you might get better.

16 Likes

Only if those 4 to 5 kids are better or equal to the 4 to 5 who are currently in the team. They should come in, if that case. But from what I have seen the kids are overated compared to those bottom 4 or 5 on here. That is why the coaches are not bringing those players in. If they where thought to be better than or at least equal too, the coaches would bring them in. I back the coaches judgement in over Blitz.

2 Likes

If you’re just going to fall back on an appeal to authority, I’m not going to bother discussing it.

1 Like