#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

There are plenty of players who can play inside and outside of the contest that either aren’t bulls or whippets. Pendlebury, Duncan, Prestia, Swan, Neale, Hannebury, Gibbs, Murphy, Dahlhaus, etc… I’m talking about guys that win contested ball but can spread and be an offensive threat. We tried to play Heppel in that role this year and I think he struggled with the outside demands but to me Langford seems more suited.

2 Likes

I agree, Langers will be a playmaker- he was in under 18,s (look at videos) , he was in the VFL and he will be in the AFL. HIs year was challenging , but thwarted by opportunity. Even the first 4 games was going to be tough after having spent the summer in the midfield. An area he did have to work on was his intensity , and he will need to continue to improve , but he has the smarts once ball is in hand.

I would absolutely LOVE to see him tear at his hair and scream FAAAARRRRRKKKKK!!! then turn to the crowd and give them the double-bird. Then turn around and punch the closest person in the face. Even if it’s one of ours.

10 Likes

Or his own.

Something like this?

2 Likes

He’s more like Kimi Riakkonen.

18 Likes

Yes.
Perhaps some flying spittle.

1 Like

Could you imagine. Josh Green. Right in the mouth. Full hate crime.

Make it happen.

Needs to grow some dreadlocks.

1 Like

When people say inside/outside do they really mean they are not sure where he plays?

I will start, I have little idea of his position just hope he smashes it

Hes 20 years old. Calm your jets
Also whe he gets a significant block of games then we can judge him, rather than 2 weeks here, 1 week there no consistency at all.

5 Likes

Do not trade him out.

13 Likes

It’s laughable that people are saying we need to keep pick 11 for our midfield. But want to trade this guy for Stringer, and lose another midfield rotation.

2 Likes

Not if they think that Lang is rubbish

He can only deal with one laughable comment at a time.

Round 23 in 2016 against Carlton. Lav played in the middle and Langford played as a forward.

It was the best I have seen them both play.

Vile Langford

They mean he can win the ball on the inside as well as spread from the contest and get the ball on the outside too.

They torched Carlton that day just like they both did in the VFL this year. Can’t wait to see them both get a game together in the ones again.

1 Like

Running LANG is Running.