#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

I don’t disagree with what you are saying in relation to it being an unusual route for a young mid to take. Most young players are drafted as mids and are generally given a lot more opportunity to prove themselves.

The point I’m making is that some are saying that Langford cant play as a mid and I’m asking where is the evidence of that? I would imagine most are forming an opinion based on his output in the AFL which I believe to be very unfair considering he’s played all of about two minutes as a mid.

All I am saying is don’t write him off on the back of what he has produced at AFL level because in my opinion this year he didn’t get nearly enough opportunity.

1 Like

I’m sticking to this. @Killer_Mike is spot on.

Actually I see my previous post got 25 likes so I’m going to assume there is more support for Kyle than this thread actually demonstrates.

As an aside I just learnt Corey Feldman’s biography is called Coreyrography - ROFL. I’m not sure what implications this has for Langford but I think it is a positive.

7 Likes

Some players just divide opinion and I think Langers is one of those.

Even Dangerfield divides opinion and he’s the best player in the comp.

No, he’s not!

Martin is! or is it FRANKLIN???

1 Like

A lot of people want him to be the next Jobe… a big loper who looks like he doesn’t give a stuff for a few years then suddenly decides to pull his finger out to become the gun inside mid the team needs. Lot of unfair expectation to live up to.

2 Likes

Yeah, I find that very strange. They play nothing alike.

It’s like wanting your misses to look like Scarlett Johansson. Sometimes you have to work with what you’ve got.

5 Likes

Out of our whole list im most looking forward to Langford and Francis’ development this year. Breakout years from them could transform the team.

1 Like

Wrong thread, but since you started it. Fantasia for me. Kid has soooo much talent. Copped some unfortunate injuries. But could be elite elite. Could knock his football role model Eddie Betts out of the All Australian side.

I like the boy.

2 Likes

This thread is going to be ground zero for how long the off season is.

3 Likes

#4 .

4 Likes

I’ve changed the thread title.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

R u ok?

No.

Get on board Riolio.

I honestly don’t understand how people can watch this guy and not see the potential

6 Likes

I felt exactly the same way about Irish.

You could see it was just one or two minor improvements and he was on his way.

I think we will see a similar trajectory for Langers next year.

3 Likes

I see it with Langford when he’s forward but not mid

2 Likes

I think it will be a race between you and @Ivan with the “I told you so’s” once he comes good

1 Like

I’m way to humble for that :grinning:

We’ve had plenty of guys show potential and then get delisted.

4 Likes