#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

42% is directly from the h-sun stats.

2 Likes

Why do you always play this game where you pretend to be stupid?
part of any gameplan is making the decision about who is best placed to go in, and who is best placed to set up for the feed out.

Otherwise you’d have 4 guys on hands and knees and the other team would win every clearance.

Fair enough. I was quoting someone else here

Can Langford turn into a Andrew embley type? If he has a chance as a midfielder, it’s in that mould I reckon

1 Like

my point exactly.

not confident anymore that he will make it as a mid.

100% genuine, but which other midfielder could you compare him to? one that is his size, but skirts around a contest and dishes it off to teammates without actually going in hard to get it for himself?

If you ask me, im starting to think he is more a classic utility.

IS A FORWARD!!

5 Likes

Hahaha that was a poor choice of words. Sorry about that.

Does he want to be a midfielder or are the coaches trying to turn him into a midfielder? Becasue he has always looked like a forward to me.
And he is way too slow to make a desision to be a midfielder.

2 Likes

That’s your sticking point? That we’re not calling him “the next…”?

Man.

Midfielders should attack the ball not worrying if they cop one in the back of the head.

He plays like he is scared of copping one in the back of the head.

1 Like

No, it’s not, I’m trying to figure out what role he would play in our team by comparison to another players role, because I struggle to otherwise recognise the role you are describing

1 Like

I really want Langford to make it but sadly he looks to be going the same way as Kavanagh.

I mean, it would just be oddly shaped outside midfielder? It would be unusual just because mostly players that size who play midfield end up being at least competent inside midfielders because they’re big. The line between that and utility or flanker is a bit murky, I suppose. It also wouldn’t actually address the issue of a lack of size in the midfield if he’s not using his size, but that’s a whole separate discussion.

So in short he’s not actually addressing our midfield needs for one reason or another.

I think he’s more like Teddy & Kepler, a player who we tried to make into something they weren’t & I fear he may end up the same way -leaving to find his place elsewhere.

Too many angry pills again?

3 Likes

He can actually play; he can move, he can kick, and he tackles, so there’s that.
He’s just not going to be Jobe Watson, at least not this year.

Do you genuinely think they’re all meant to throw themselves at every ground ball, without having any awareness of the numbers at the contest?

Maybe I give you too much credit.

Do you honestly think he can be our main centre clearance midfielder? or any kind of midfield compared to the potential he’s shown as a utility forward?

If they are first to the ball, then yes. Obviously they will setup around stoppages so that the better inside players are first to the ball, but when it’s your turn, you have to go.

Football is a chaotic game, and players don’t have the luxury of standing back and saying “that’s not my role” when the ball is to be won.

1 Like