#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

I like him on the inside which is directly opposed to what blitz thinks he is.

He’s a grinder though in my opinion.

Nothing wrong with that though if you get you hands on it a lot like he has the capacity to do. As you say he knows where to run.

I like Mutch too, shame he hasn’t had a chance to debut yet.

Still can’t work out why you favour Myers then.

Because he isn’t

Cheers.

I note that he pushed into the top 5 in the pre-season time trials (albeit only 2km). If he truly has the aerobic capacity to run out complete games, then Deckham…err…Woosha should be exploiting that strength. If he can’t win the ball in the guts, perhaps he can float back and provide support to the backline. Use his 190cm+ height & intercept mark. I like the kid and hope he makes it. Personally, I wouldn’t have dropped him this w/end.

1 Like

I don’t think he’s an inside mid myself. He doesn’t have the mindset. For mine as a mid he’d be outside, but I’d like to see him across half back, or even out on a wing. To me he is a distributor. And potentially a very good one.

4 Likes

Question to you KM do you think he will be offered a contract at Essendon. I think there would be a few other clubs looking at him given they would know where he is best suited running- flank Embley type. It would be a shame as he clearly is improving thst was obvious in rnd 1

We already had him that’s why.

We were never paying overs for those other sides fringe mids.

Steele was meant to be a star based on some on here’s assessment of him, been dropped about 5 times from Saints team. Stevens can’t kick and is also a ■■■■ bloke.

Agreed. Not an inside mid. Bit too slow with his decision making. His indecisiveness often sees him in trouble. HBF or HFF for mine.

Just play the kid for a bit. Gonna be one we let walk that hopefully doesn’t turn into the next Kennedy (Sydney)
Big stretch I know but youth surely must be given a shot to string some together and show something.
Flame away Blitz. I’m a sponge soaked in gasoline

1 Like

Why would he be offered a contract at Essendon if the coaches don’t have faith in him.

He’s a inside mid but just not the type that everyone here expects.

So we don’t plan for the future?

You are making fark all sense Speedy.

I see Langford more in a Goddard type role.

1 Like

How ■■■■■■ disappointing

If Myers is the difference between a win/loss on the weekend, then we are further off thanbi thought

Would not surprise me to ser him at another club next year

Not sure I can see Langers smashing the pretzels, though. :wink:

Which one? I reckon the Kyle would love Columbia.

1 Like

He can learn! Maybe that’s what he didn’t do.

The Myers I mean Langford thread

Joking, mate. Yep, he could play off a HBF and move into the mid for a spell.

He’ll rearrange them neatly.

2 Likes