#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

I know!

Also go forward to kick a goal from outside 50 as well.

It’s a bit odd that people would probably be more forgiving of Kyle if he showed some emotion.

Here is my Best 22 from Oct 17 (as posted on Blitz).

B: Saad, Hooker, Ambrose
HB: Heppell, Hurley, McKenna
C: McGrath, Stringer, Zaharakis
HF: Smith, Stewart, Laverde
F: McDonald-Tipungwuti, Daniher, Fantasia
R: Bellchambers, Z.Merrett, Parish
INT: Langers, Fridge, Goddard, Gleeson

Nothing has really changed (except positional changes), however, Langers plays for mine.

2 Likes

Coaches unfortunately they do get plenty wrong. I think the same that jackets likes him but he ain’t picking tbe side.

1 Like

Can you imagine Kyle & Whoosh in an argument?

Woohsa: Yeah Nah.
Kyle: Nah Yeah.
Woosha: Nah Yeah.
Kyle: Yeah Nah.
Woosha: Yeah Yeah.
Kyle: Yeah Yeah.

Good meeting.

6 Likes

Ahhh Kyle Remiers always loved watching him deystroy Carlton and Andrew Lovett was another who loved to beat fark Carlton

Tell us how that would look/play out, Woosha…

Should have chosen a career as a poker player

1 Like

RIP LANGFORD

We can always say he did it with a smile

5 Likes

lol, Remiers the deystroyer.

1 Like

I had assumed this was the reason he was getting so few minutes, that’s just proving more baffling.

Langford just needs a solid run at AFL level.

For me, as long as the coaching staff have explained to Langford why he has been dropped. And what they want him to do with his training and VFL games to get into the AFL side.

It’s important he knows what they think of him and where he fits into the overall plans for the team and himself.

If it’s to his liking then good. If not, then he should make plans to move on elsewhere.

4 Likes

Look at the Tiges last year they stopped playing players like Morris, Miles, Conca and Lloyd and started playing kids like Butler, Castagna, Corey Ellis and Short. They did this because the game passed a lot of those guys, They needed something different and they got it.

They’re doing it again this year, Shai Bolten is slowly getting more minutes yes dropped this week but not for a dinosaur another kid in Higgins.

We probably win this week and wallpaper will cover the cracks but I guarantee we are sitting 6-6 at the bye and that’s not good enough for me.

1 Like

Yes, you would certainly hope the coaches are doing that, it’s not something that you would Skip, worth doing that type of thing you’d think.

2 Likes

Not sure why there is outrage regarding Langford’s axing.

Coaches need to set s minimum standard when it comes to intensity and effort. Langford didn’t meet that standard, so he got dropped. Simples.

4 Likes

Langford was poor against Fremantle. If he gets a game this week it will be under false pretences.

So what of players like Saad, Stringer, Tippa, McGrath etc who performed to an even lesser level?

1 Like

He’s in the side to be a big bodied inside mid

He’s not getting it done, if he was he’d stay in team.

Stringer has been dominant all preseason in clearances/stoppages, if it’s between the two he is getting priority at present.

Others from an outside mid perspective are performing better / provide more. McGrath in a pressure sense for example.

Where does he fit into the side is the big question?

Could it be that they performed poorly, however their effort was seen to be greater than Langford’s?