#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

The Myers for Langford swap makes sense. People may not like it but it makes sense. Same for the other changes. As Speedy just said above, Myers comes in for Langford as he is bigger bodied, more experienced and does the physical stuff better. It makes sense. Will he play well tomorrow? We’ll have to see.

While we lost last week, it was not a ■■■■-aweful - worst ever performance. So you make some changes but you don’t throw out half the team. It’s still early games and we are going “ok” (we are 1 and 1) and it’s a tweak rather than scrap everything and start again with something new response.

3 Likes

Those others didn’t turn it over, spray it, cough it up or get in the way of team mates as much as Langford did.

Just as a point of order - they are the same size, with Kyle possibly a little heavier :slight_smile:

Kyle must be big boned…

OK, put it this way, who would you rather put a big hit on you? Langford or Myers?

same can apply

Bahaha…if form is based on last performance Skippy should come in for Woosha & Daniher should be dropped too.

Good lord, I just looked at the stats and Langford had 7 turnovers. From 15 possessions. That’s… not great (Saad 2, Stringer 0, Tippa 1, McGrath 5).

2 Likes

In anger? Langford :slight_smile:

1 Like

Am I allowed to take one small step to either side? If so, Myers. If not, Langford.

4 Likes

I was sitting 1x row back from the fence near the wing and he was diabolical. Would love to know how many scoring opportunities resulted directly from Langford’s turnovers. I suspect it was quite a few.

1 Like

Look again, the figure is 3. And McGrath 3, Saad 3.
Although Begley racked up 5 from 12 disposals.

Okay, I’ll look again.
Still says 7

No idea what the difference is between the clanger stat, which as you say was 3, and the turnover stat of 7. Hard to see how a turnover wouldn’t also be a clanger.

Where is that from?

I’m with you. It’s impossible to have 7 turnovers and 3 clangers.

AFL Live app, in the individual stats section of the match, with the heatmaps and all that guff. Looking through the rest of the players now, the numbers are very high. I’d be interested to hear what the definition is.

I also note he had 15 possessions - 6 contested and 7 uncontested. Uh huh …

1 Like

Same here

Some googling finds this explanation (from a user called Champion_Data on bigfooty, so make of that what you will). Can’t find a definition of a turnover though.

Examples of a player getting a possession without a disposal:

• Mark the ball and the siren goes before you get a kick/handball
  • Win a possession, take on a defender and get done for holding the ball
  • Win possession of the ball, try to take a bounce but stuff it up

Examples of a player getting a disposal without a possession:

• Disposals after a kick-in to self
  • Boundary kick-ins after an opposition out on the full
  • Ground Kicks
  • Taking advantage after a free kick has been paid to a teammate.
1 Like

thats it

Also a clanger isn’t necessarily a disposal or a turnover. It includes things like unnecessary free kicks and 50m penalties.