#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

“Unnecessary”? Aren’t all FK against clangers?

1 Like

I’m not sure, but I don’t think so.

There is a difference though between a spoil that goes high in a marking contest and hitting an opponent off the ball, regardless of how the stats interpret it

He certainly didn’t have 7 turnovers.

1 Like

Play him in the VFL and he becomes a VFL standard player. Terrible mismanagement by the club

2 Likes

How did he respond today in the magoos?

Not as well as we might have hoped by all reports.

If he is as good as some say he is then he should be a class above at VFL level, even moreso against a rabble

It’s not mismanagement.

Side is selected with a view to who can carry out the role required best.

1 Like

3rd best

Huh?? 30 and a goal, dominated at the contest really turning that entire aspect of the game in the 3rd quarter after we’d been beaten around the ball in the first half, named by the coach as his standout player for the day in the postgame function. A class above.

Yeah, pretty well I’d say.

30 Likes

Wow, … ok then.

Certainly didn’t sound anything like that from the game thread.

Sounds like the dropping had the exact effect we wanted, and he responded as you’d love him too.

Excellent, Cheers Cuz.

1 Like

Did so well that the radio commentators reckon he should get a call up to the AFL side soon. Sigh.

3 Likes

Thought Easter was last week?
That was a pretty quick resurrection after you two blokes buried him! :wink:

2 Likes

…only to get dropped the week after if the team don’t win.

1 Like

He always looks too good for VFL, but doesn’t seem to translate that to the AFL.

I think at 21 years if age hasn’t not doesn’t is the operative word :slight_smile:

1 Like

give him 6 weeks

does everyone plsy well every week NO!!! and then he goes - has happened for 4 years. Give the ■■■■■■■ kid some belief as a club

3 Likes

Nothing against the people who do the VFL reports, but it’s a bit much to be drawing strong conclusions about a players game from brief comments made from one person’s observations

1 Like

Some of you think Kyle is going to spit the dummy and play for the pies just because his form doesn’t yet demand a spot in our best 22. You guys are really soft and I can’t say it’s not a worry.

It’s not a wor…see I told you I can’t say it!

1 Like

Not consistently, but certainly has in patches- including the bulk of the game v Adelaide

It has to be a mental thing, maybe just confidence, and I can’t see what we hope to achieve by pogoing him from VFL to AFL.

Don’t worry he’ll go to the hawks and become a 40 goal plus half forward and win a premiership