#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

I had him as my best for the day.

Every time he touched it something good came from it.

5 Likes

Where’s the picture of him wearing the bulldogs scarf?

Its interesting Langers out of contract ’ and Myers has another year. WOW. Langers has so much class looks a footballer and we Essendon are going to stuff this up - and ztill have Myers for another year as i repeat

1 Like

It probably wouldn’t hurt if the coaches injected a healthy dose of belief and confidence in him. He’d benefit from the support I suspect.

1 Like

Yes but we need the experience of Myers to teach the younger guys how we want to play

(Despite only having played about 12 games under this coach, and clearly not being au fait with the game plan himself)

Glad he performed well. Any individual how he was at the contest? That’s my only gripe with him.

Still, on the way Myers played Langford needs to come straight back in regardless. I said I wanted Myers straight into the team for him, boy oh boy was I wrong! I still think Langford needed a hit in the VFL due to how poor he was v Freo but if we do that, we should’ve gone for a kid over Myers.

1 Like

Langers not playing yesterday was one of few positives from the wreckage. Not as easy to scapegoat him for the seniors performance…

16 Likes

Will go one step further.

No Langers no Essendon!

Sure we can.

not good enough to make the seniors and therefore not affect the game, developing way under expectations and missing his chance. if he can’t force our myers just delist him.

before a clapper comes along. TOTAL SARCASM

2 Likes

Hi Robert hi.

Come 6.30, there is outrage on Twitter as a club ‘wields the axe’ or another favourite is unceremoniously dumped. My personal favourite is ‘Langford’s gone again!’.

HOWEVER, it remains the total responsibility of the senior coach to talk to every player regarding the selection decision. This can be either ‘in’ or ‘out’. This must done face to face before the last team tactical meeting. Players have an absolute right to hear from the coach. I sense the Essendon conversations with young Kyle Langford are becoming increasingly difficult.

5 Likes

That’s an excellent read.
Shame it had to have the little dig in there, really.

Shaw seems too be on the money about so many things. Did he ever go down the coaching route?

Can’t think any other football writer in our game that makes you feel a part of the inner sanctum like Shaw does.

Shawry is the best in the game IMO.

7 Likes

Huh? He was senior coach at Fitzroy and Adelaide for 6 years — and in both cases reported he would come out to a scratched car after games at Footy Park. Locals love a Victorian.

In all, he was an AFL coach at some level for all but two years between 1986 and 2005.

2 Likes

Just needs a consistent run at AFL level

1 Like

Who? Shawry?

5 Likes

That’s two articles in a week from Shaw suggesting we aren’t playing our youth.

Shawry and Langford

On that performance he should be straight back in. He shouldn’t have been dropped in the first place, but that is a different issue.

don’t get the difficult conversations!!!