#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

By that, do you mean AFL every 2 or 3 weeks and VFL in between? :smile:

Why dont we start him at half forward with the farking possibility of running through the middle?

If he starts the game well as aa forward target and we are winning the clearances and holding our own-leave him there.

If we are getting outbodied in the middle,put him in.

1 Like

The Langford nearly took first place in the 800m at the C Games. A well earned second.

1 Like

Did Myers come first?

1 Like

so is Langford playing vfl ir what happens now

If he doesn’t end up playing VFL then that’s Wooshas best troll yet

No wonder he never smiles.

2 Likes

This has Houli written all over it. He is going to change clubs, be given an actual proper go, become a very nice player, and probably win a premiership, while we get pick 67 for him and draft another Will Hams.

9 Likes

The guy can kick, mark, handball, not horrible at both finding the footy and finding space to get a handball away. So he lopes around and makes a few mistakes, not unlike Jobe at a similar point in his career… except maybe better? Jobe turned out alright, didn’t he? Give him a go ffs

2 Likes

If he goes anywhere I hope it’s Port so he can never tear us apart.

2 Likes

really feel like all this guy needs is a good block of games (>2) in a row to get his confidence up and will really impact more from there

It’s obvious he won’t get a fair go with us so I hope he gets success somewhere.

Given a run of games playing in his preferred position he will be a gun!

1 Like

What is his preferred position? I always thought he would do well as a really mobile HF/Wing type with small rotations through the middle.

I never saw the ‘inside mid’ part that we seem to be playing him, if anything outside mid or first receiver for mine.

I’ve never been a fan but he is definitely the kind of player that goes somewhere else for that 2nd chance and rips it up. Needs a tactical coach that knows how to develop players and get the best out of them. Very much see Langford as the kind of player that Hawks would have developed in the VFL, played 3-4 exceptional games at AFL level and then traded off for a 1st rounder. A prismall style guy…

Needs a 4-5 game run in the seniors.

A good coach would say, barring injury - you get 4 - 5 games at it. Back yourself in and show us what you can do.

Instead, he will play for St Kilda next year and turn into the player they have been screaming for.

2 Likes

He’s an inside mid but not somebody that does the blocking and body work that he is asked to do at our club.

I have no problem him playing that role with us but don’t drop him when he doesn’t rip the ball out like Kennedy does.

He is somebody that reads the ball of the hands and gets a quick handball out to a teammate in better position.

He is also somebody that is always looking downdround so can always catch defenders out with fast ball movement. He has a great ability on the outside also which allows him to get lots of chain possessions.

It’s not something we have seen a lot of at senior level but he has definitely got it.

He needs opportunity.

3 Likes

hmmm to me an inside mid is the guy who loves the blocking and body work… so that would make him an outside mid but I see your point.

I think we are agreed he needs a run at it. I honestly don’t see why we aren’t giving him a month. I just can’t see this ending well no matter what happens.

I mean the flip side is that we offer him another contract, which he signs out of loyalty, and then we find out he is no good and we have wasted a roster spot?!! At some point we have to find a position for him, play him and see what we have to work with.

e8116ab905f463ae06a0d15023e9f3b8

Fast Forward to a 2019 presser

‘Kyle is a terrific young man, comes to this club with the right characteristics to make it as an AFL midfielder and tonight was reward for effort, for a real body of work that he has applied over the first third of this season’

2 Likes

YeAh, I think definitions are a little blurred on what’s considered an inside mid.

Guys like Pendlebury ands Sloan aren’t exactly like Kennedy yet I would still consider them inside mids.

For me the first person to touch the ball after the ruck at a stoppage is an inside mid and that’s exactly what Langford does.

1 Like

Sader thing is without having a go at Myers is ’ he will have 2019 on tbe list and be done ’ so its a double edged sword

You could be right. There’s every chance that Simpson will be a VFL coach somewhere by next year and Langford will be playing in that team.