#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Maybe Langers is only 9 months older but he has played twice as many senior games than the Ghool.

Remember in 2016 Langers played 17 AFL games, and given our lack of senior players was well and truly blooded into the big time. Though to be fair, I seem to recall he played mostly on the forward line.

Call me crazy, but Langford does moves a lot like Jobe, and nothing like Fyffe. He lacks Jobes superfast hands but he does get the ball. I reckon he will make it but he needs to get a move on as others will rob him of a spot

Question is -
Langers AFL quality i think yes
Lav AFL quality i think yes

He and Laverde i think are out of contract - will be interesting conversations between players club and managers you would think.

Does it annoy you when Hawthorn take years to bring them on and then clean up on winning flags?

2 Likes

That’s farkin deep, man.

1 Like

Didn’t the hawks play their young group of draftees until they became the core that could lead to their draftees now (and recently) taking 4 or so years to crack into the senior side?

Hawthorn as a club builds and builds its side through alot of VFL -;almost like yesteryear. Our club only needs to look at past 18 years of what has been very middle of the road as we know.

Guelfi played 2 years in the WAFL, please explain why thats SO much better than playing 2 years in the VFL

Straight swap for Seb Ross or no deal or find a way to have them both…

Dunno why we persist in playing Langford as a mid… he aint a mid… cut your losses, play him HF Flank or if we have too many of those types, trade him out

1 Like

WAFL and SANFL both are generally considered a higher standard of footy than VFL, especially if playing for a non-club team given that they aren’t compromised by scheduling/development needs of AFL clubs.

1 Like

Are the caps higher than VFL too?

This thread reminds me of the climate change debate. There are the believers, the unsure but open minded, and the Liberal Party.

3 Likes

Then there is the confused, like me.

3 Likes

No idea, can’t find the info.

Probably needs to be updated, though - WAFL’s cap is nearly 300k now.

Just watched the VFL I recorded (for personal use and since deleted!!!) and watched particular players.
Laverde should be in the seniors, we got one with Zerk. And Langford?
Sorry! Nah!
Might be good player at his next club.

1 Like

Clarke

Agree with everything you have just said… No truer or more accurate words have ever been spoken

If he can’t get a game at the moment with how we’re going and off the 4 day turnaround scenario, when the fark does he ever get a game? When he leaves the club to play elsewhere?

2 Likes

Sounds like Myers for his first years (and continuing).