#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

This is a really good point. His attitude and willingness to keep going has been first class.

Good luck to the kid.

1 Like

It’s time. Rip 'em a new one Kyle.

This kid will be a star if they continue to play him.

Take it to the bank.

3 Likes

Where do all the comments about Langford becoming a gun come from?
The guy dominates VFL but is persistently bad at AFL and never puts his head over the ball.
He is weak at the contest and is extremely slow.
I hope the guy play wells on Saturday but i just don’t see it in the guy

I just hope they play him big minutes in the middle!!

The gun comments come from me.

Post above yours

2 Likes

You honestly think this guy will be a ‘gun’
Even though he has demonstrated numerous times that he is too slow and weak at AFL level?

Bank on it.

He’s class

2 Likes

Whats slow whats weak. No finals for 5000 days - he is a developing 21 year old. Plsy him 2nd recieve midfield-fwd he will be a key moving fwd a key

3 Likes

lol. Come on.

1 Like

Langford deserves his selection again. I doubt he’ll become a decent AFL mid fielder, but he’s been harshly treated this year by the selectors who, in Langford’s case, have bucked Essendon’s great tradition of playing spuds for about 7 years in the forlorn hope that they’ll come good.

Please play well

14 Likes

Please, please, please stick it up the selectors and play well.

Well he wasn’t knocking blokes over, but his attack and the ball and his strength in the contest was fine. It was quite a tight contested, congested game for the entire 2nd half, with lots of stoppages, and Langford was good. Not dominant by any means, but good. He needs the confidence to be first in there to the fall of the ball at stoppages, like a Kennedy, Cripps, Mitchell, Jones and all those hard bodied mids. He tends to stand a few metres off the ruckmen rather than force his way in to be first hands on it. Clarke on the other hand does that.

get around him Alex

Wow. I guess you don’t watch games then.

5 Likes

This is his time to strike.
Take the spot,its yours for the taking Kyle.

1 Like

Huh?
So you’re saying that Langford isn’t slow and wins the contestant ball?
I do watch games, we just must be watching different ones.

Be good to see him get a consistent run at AFL level.

3 Likes

Well, for his size, no he isn’t slow. He’s no speed demon, but he’s not slow.
And if you have been watching his VFL development, the idea that he doesn’t win contested ball is very much out of date.

6 Likes