#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

KM - this is an accurate assessment both current and moving forward. It is very obvious in my eyes and yours and many others of this kids talent, potential and skillset. Blitz will judge him on tomorrow , but up against a team lacking confidence , individuals way out of form , I think this along with Clarke , Ridley and keeping Laverde in are small steps , leading to bigger strides and that’s where our and the clubs thoughts and planning needs to focus on.

3 Likes

I agree.

We need to find the right mix and develop from there.

Our current brigade are small and slow and it’s time we mixed it up.

People will continue to judge Langford by how hard he is but its unfair in my opinion. He is an inside mid but he just goes about it differently. His height and marking ability guarantees that somebody of similar height needs to match him up. He also can drift forward with great ability.

It’s all about honing in on players strengths and building around those.

We have some quality players but we just aren’t playing them to their strengths.

It’s this level of hype that I just don’t know how to take. I mean, genuinely, in a contested ground ball situation you think Langford is as likely to cleanly gather the ball and dispose of it as effectively as, say, Gary Ablett Jr in his prime?

7 Likes

There have been so many divisive players amongst Blitzers over the years and it makes me wonder who is the most divisive player we have ever had? Would Langford rank in the top-200 in this category?

1 Like

Yeah, soory. I should have put the GAJ clause in there.

*He’s good but not that good.

Look forward to him being dropped for Myers in 2 weeks

6 Likes

Sadly, I’m actually expecting it.

1 Like

If you’s keep mentioning him it will happen.

1 Like

All the best tomorrow Kyle, big chance for you to show us what you’ve got. Hope you really make the most of the opportunity.

4 Likes

If they are our future inside midfielders we are in big trouble imo

Let’s hope Clarke and THE make such a good case for retention that Myers just can’t get in, irrespective of the ‘photos’.

1 Like

Looks incredibly Vanilla.

Is that you Woosha?

1 Like

I really hope he gets a decent run at it. We need to find out what he is made of and whether there is any consistency there.

He’s a great size now and should be cracking in and feeding the ball out to the outside runners.

3 Likes

Classy first half from my boy

2 Likes

I’m STARTING TO BELIEVE.

1 Like

Really really really good first half.

Leading our clearances with 5, and has laid 5 tackles.

Has made a difference to the side.

10 Likes

Plenty of intensity and lots of second efforts. Not much to fault in that half. Keep him in the guts.

1 Like

That kick to Bellchambers when TBell stuffed up the set shot was a great kick. Beautiful long kick deliberately to the advantage side.

2 Likes

To be honest didn’t think he had it in him, but best half of footy I’ve seen him play… turning point?