#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Definitely stronger in the contest today than he has ever been in the 1s. But he plays like that in the 2s. Maybe he just needs the confidence that he can do it.

4 Likes

Liked that he decked that player in their pocket in the 3rd

1 Like

Well done young man.

4 Likes

He’s had more touches before but in my opinion his pressure around the contest and attack on the opposition was the best it’s ever been which is what has probably held him back to this point.
Clearly has talent, really hoping today is the start of his career taking off.

13 Likes

*TRIGGERED

1 Like

He showed urgency at times I’d never seen him do before. Could be because it was the way the whole team was playing, but it’s how he needs to always play.

3 Likes

i’m reading all of your posts in an indian accent. good times.

9 Likes

Hands down his best game. He looked strong and desperate around the ball. Second and third efforts, did all the hard things, and showed his polish at times. I am hoping this was his breakout game.

2 Likes

Not sure why he continually gets benched for so much of the game but I was very happy for Langers tonight.

That’s the type of high impact game that he is capable of and needs to be persisted with.

He’s a clas act and can be a very important player going forward.

6 Likes

He had 3-4 tackles at times, brilliant today

1 Like

He did the number proud!

Onya Langers. We need you. We need that every week. Take your future with both hands now.

12 Likes

There was a moment he loped through the middle and kicked inside 50 and it took me a second before realising oh that’s Langford isn’t it…

plays every game

2 Likes

He was good. Save brilliant for when he is brilliant.

1 Like

he has it. i thonk he is a confidence player.

leave him in for the year. moves so well in traffic

Has more tank now.

Took a while but it’s getting there.

He played 75% tonight so that was more than the Freo game. I think he played more against Adelaide but Merrett went down before qtr time in that game.

I’d like to think they’ll increase his time a bit each week.

But Merrett only played 81% and usually is around 80 to 85.

at half time lang was torward the bottom of TOG%

Yeah, he started each quarter for five minutes on the bench and for most of the last quarter forward.

I just would have liked to have seen him on ball for the whole game just to give him some confidence.

My concern is that next week he has a quiet game and then he’s dropped for Myers.

1 Like

Must play every game for the rest of the year unless injured.

12 Likes