#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Agree. It worried me with Woosha talking about Myers, Hurley and McGrath training ok today.
Having said that, I reckon Langford might have Parish’s spots this time and Clarke has Myers spot.

Still… I don’t want Myers back.
Difficult ones will be finding someone for Hurley and McGrath to replace.

Just give this kid a chance ffs

1 Like

imagine if he gets dropped for parish this week lol

Dea might be unlucky. Played well but if hurley fit he’ll replace him.

Not sure who makes way for mcgrath. Whoever it is will be ■■■■■■ unlucky.

Clark will go out for.myers.

1 Like

skips three weeks of posts

Ahh. Good.

27 Likes

Surely that depends on form?

I like him delivering the ball into 50.

It’s one of his biggest strengths

3 Likes

Hi my name is LANG

I’m the new foreman and CEO of the MIDFIELD SILK FACTORY

Today I felt safe even though Dave MYERSY Myers wasn’t in protecting me

6 Likes

this

I was really impressed with what he did. I had a close look at what he was doing and he was going back in for repeat efforts. And some of his disposal was excellent. Helped a lot that his team mates also played well.

2 Likes

Has to have an extended run now. He’ll grow into the role with greater responsibility. Was good tonight, will get better. Has the goods.

1 Like

I must admit I have never been a Langford fan but watched him closely today and reckon the kid can play. Give him a chance by playing him for the rest of the year and lets see how he goes.

1 Like

6 clearances in the end I think? Seemed to spend a lot more time forward in the second half. I just hope the coaches stick with him and continue to give him solid midfield minutes. He’ll never be Mitchell, but he can play inside and outside has reasonable pace and is very creative with his disposal.

He needs to be in the 1’s for the rest of the season, as simple as that.

2 Likes

Yep, 6 clearances (all at around-the-ground stoppages) to tie with Merrett. You may note that today we won those around-the-ground stoppages but not the centre clearances, the opposite to normal.

Second on tackles (8).

Equal second for Inside Fifties (5).

Modest game time at 75% (Guelfi and Clarke were the lowest with 68%).

11 Likes

If the season was still alive, absolutely you can’t simply carry a player struggling but this season is a write-off, the only thing we can salvage from the wreck is a platform for 2019. Like 2016, development for the younger guys is essential. Laverde is in the same boat and Parish needs to come back. If we can get some games into Francis I’ll have something to look forward to.

2 Likes

I reckon tonight was the strongest around the ball ive seen him perform. That was the most encouraging thing from his game

10 Likes

He looked a fraction less laconic

1 Like

It sounds stupid, but his biggest strength is he always looks up and forward. He never wants to just dump it off via 2m handball, he wants to get the ball moving our way, into space. He’s now got the size to get those kicks away more often than not.

6 Likes

Really happy for him - you just knew that he was under the microscope but the kid delivered. Clearances, tackles and some long, penetrating kicks inside 50. Well done, Langers.

Now, FFS, if the entire team plays like ■■■■ against GWS and he has a poor game matched up on one of the best players in the comp, please let’s not send him back to the VFL for another 6 weeks.

Give this bloke a proper crack at it and let’s see what he’s capable of.

14 Likes

Great assessment.
And yesterday he tackled like Jobe.

1 Like

Was standing next to Danger for a lot of the game and wasn’t embarrassed

Persist

Best game for the club

4 Likes