#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Harsh, I’m sure I saw him chase and catch someone

6 Likes

I thought his tackling was great.

1 Like

Oh. Calling his tackling Jobe-like isn’t a sledge? My bad!

2 Likes

We need to get the next 20 games into Langers so he can reach his potential as fast as possible.

I see him averaging upwards of 25 possessions and game splitting kicks as we saw yesterday.

Whether it’s kiscking or handballing he makes really smart decisions.

He’s still got work to do but it’s clear to see he has talent.

3 Likes

Plus he’s got the ability to execute

1 Like

Correct. It’s hard to get confidence when you are in and out of the side consistently. A block of 5-6 games would be great for him. Some players have had the full 8 and hadn’t done too much until yesterday so for me he deserves to keep his spot

2 Likes

If he doesn’t get at least another four consecutive games I’ll do me f**kin’ narna.

1 Like

His kicking range is excellent.

Can hit a 50 mtr target and keep it low with real punch behind it.

Similar to Merrett I guess but not as consistent yet.

6 clearances for the game. Matched only by Danger and Zerrett.

2 Likes

He added a touch of explosive vigour to his game in tight when the contact was coming which seemed to help. Very encouraging.

1 Like

Is he the big bodied mid we have been crying out for ?

Most encouraging for mine, was even though he didn’t always extract, hes starting to be able to stand up whilst being tackled by 1 or 2 players, suggesting his body is almost ready to allow him to break out.

6 Likes

For mine, I feel that he had the body and the potential to be a footballer but was wishy washy . He lacked determination and was slow to react and was often caught. HOWEVER imho over the last 20 or so games he has been given the task of becoming a class midfielder. He has definitely learned more of his midfield craft in that time. Blitz is always complaining that EFC is poor at developing players, but i think this has been a classic case of the club being prepared to wait until he is ready to take on his career. I’m not sure he is there yet, but his game yesterday against the Holy Trinity was probably the best I have seen him play. If he can repeat, we may finally have the class assertive mid that we so desperately need.

8 Likes

Wish the bet with my roommate involved pressure acts, he was 6 disposals short of the target.

As a result we had a very expensive night and I just adopted an orangutang.

7 Likes

Not his greatest fan, but needs to stay in the side. Far better than Myers.

8 Likes

I’ve been critical too but credit where its due. He’s played well in both matches I’ve seen him play this year (yesterday and vs Adelaide).

I assumed you were a fan considering your profile name :grinning:

Nah - Harsh critic over summer.

1 Like

Never too late to get back on board.

He’s a beauty.

I’m not that bullish yet. Needs to keep that positive body language and on field efforts high.

Went to the brisbane game at etihad last year and thought he had a shocker at HFF - seemed to expect tge ball to be handed to him on a platter.