#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Exactly

If anyone reckons 2018 Langford deserves 3 games vs 2018 Myers’ 5 games, they’re on crack.

5 Likes

He’s played 3 senior games this season and has been good in 2 on them. Meanwhile, he’s been in the bests for pretty much every VFL game this year as well.

Is clearly judged more harshly than plenty of others but I agree that he needs to take his chances. Hopefully he backs it up again tomorrow night against another quality side.

1 Like

See though, I reckon that’s the problem.

Myers should never have been brought straight back in after injury in the first place; history has told us that he always needs a game or two to get his touch back.

So Langford is dropped, goes back to the VFL and kills it. Meanwhile, Myers comes straight back in to the seniors and has an absolute mare against the Dogs. We all saw want Bont did to Myers that game - just imagine how he would’ve gone the week before against Fyfe!

The same thing happened against the Blues - Parish kept his spot despite having an awful couple of weeks, whereas the “rested” Guelfi missed out and was forced to bang the door down again via the VFL.

Langford is definitely playing to keep his spot and needs to step up this year - but rewarding underperforming players with games just because they have “credits in the bank” is a big reason as to why we’ve had such a rubbish start to the season IMO.

3 Likes

Still think he was very stiff to get the axe after round 2, also think he plays ahead of Myers in any situation. If we as a club continue to persist with myers then we have some big problems.

3 Likes

I understand your frustration. I just hope he is now seen in a different light where we play him for the next 6 games and assess from there and in turn, leave Myers as the depth.

1 Like

I think at this stage of his career the next 6 games should be a minimum.

He has huge potential and I would hate to see him leave.

2 Likes

do not speak of such blasphemous things.

1 Like

I hope he tears it up on the weekend. But if he doesn’t I can’t understand why he should go back to the VFL.

Anyway, I’m sure the club know better🤔

I just want to see more of his intent when he decked danger in the 3rd.

1 Like

Was really pleased now I want him to back it up Langford has a habit of going missing the next week.

Seems many media personalities, analysts and blitzers share this/our opinion except the club.

But that isn’t a concern as he’s turning up this week and will be pulling all sorts of facial expressions.

1 Like

I don’t think he does. He has a slightly worse game and then gets ditched.

Against Freo he had 15 possessions, 3 tackles and a goal. Not a great game but it wasn’t a stinker. He’s been crucified because of that contest with Fyfe

1 Like

Was the Geelong game the first game for the year where the two bigger bodied inside mids in Myers and Kyle played in the same side??
He was compared to Ricky Dyson a couple of weeks ago by Glenn Luff on radio… Will be on the list for 8 years only to come to the conclusion that he’s not up to it. Let him play more than 3 games in a row.

The whole team has a habit of going missing and he gets the blame.

1 Like

Myers didn’t play against Geelong.

1 Like

Good point. Clarke was who I was thinking about!

1 Like

Langers and Clarke having been building good chemistry together in the VFL. Really learning how to support and back each other.

3 Likes

And of those 15 only 8 were effective, only 53% DE including 3 clangers.

Wasn’t strong at the contest. Poor disposal.

Out ya go.

It was wrong Myers got call up off no match fitness however even if they had planned him to play from the start.

But obviously the Stringer inside mid notion wasn’t working as planned and they wanted some more strong bodies in the guts.

In any case Langford has worked his way back into team now. He was strong at contest and was good with disposal last week so hope it continues.

1 Like

This thread is a great example of how the same thing can be said 47,000 times but with slightly different wording.

16 Likes

has never played 2 good games in a row
this is his chance