#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

we were talking about Guelfi.
You think this is the Langford thread or something?

Langford’s either gotten a lot stronger, or a lot better at using his body this year. He got absolutely out-muscled and pushed off it a handful of times last year, which I can only assume was part of the reason he was being held back a bit. Almost no sign of that this year.

2 Likes

Haha… I guess it’s fair enough for him to expect some discussion about Langford in this thread.

Lol. Sorry, my mistake.

In that case. You are dead right. And Sheedy (and of course Donnington) would be right. The kid is a natural competitor. Will have a decent career in the red and black I would think.

2 Likes

Square you!

Great cure for boredom.
Thanx sir.

:metal::metal::metal:

1 Like

Keep snuggling on the couch and reading blitz.
Melbourne has cold weather peep.

1 Like

I’m the same. Just Perth…

Is classy. That is all.

6 Likes

Kicking hasn’t been as pinpoint tonight as it could be; but 15 to half time ain’t bad. Couple of goals in the second half = breakout??

I’ve been thinking it’s nearly been his worst game since he’s been back in the side.
Surprised to see he’s had 15 touches though. That’s a positive

[quote=“HirdMentality, post:6192, topic:2084, full:true”]
Kicking hasn’t been as pinpoint tonight as it could be; but 15 to half time ain’t bad. Couple of goals in the second half = breakout??
[/quote

Well he didnt panic when finding Bellchambers in the 50 after gathering the clearing kick from WCE. Pitty Belly didnt convert

His handballs in congestion have been good.

4 Likes

didn’t miss Heppell in the first minute of the qtr (Heppell dropped it)

1 Like

12 in the second quarter

1 Like

It was just his disposal down on it’s normal standard.
But it’s good that he got that much of it when the tide was against us for most of the qtr

Yeah it’s weird he’s been involved A LOT but hasn’t really been opening the game up
He’ll finish with 25 here and his usual 5 or so tackles, but I reckon he’s been much more damaging almost every other game.
Still, 5 clearances to the half is a very good result from a mid finding their feet. Hopefully a sign he’s rounding out his game.

Conversely Stringer has been forward almost the whole game.

1 Like

He should’ve had two direct assists in that quarter, Don’t know how Heppell dropped that one

Should see what they say in the game thread.

Progressing beautifully.

13 Likes

I thought he was very good tonight and better than in other games where he’s had more possessions.

3rd quarter under pressure in the backline and facing the wrong direction he cleared the ball but unlike so many players who kick it in the air (Usually to see it marked by the opposition) he purposely kicked it along the ground.

5 Likes