#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Parish and his quality has nothing to do with Langford and his. They aren’t related in any way. Makes your arguments look ridiculous when you bring him into it.

1 Like

IMO Parish is a bit of a worry, where does he fit?

He is very good player. But we’ve got too many smaller type mids who are better than him and we can’t afford to just have a mosquito fleet, we need taller mids who can mark in midfield congestion etc which Lang can. Plus his ball use is better.

Parish lacks the size to play as our main inside mid, and running capacity to play solely outside mid/HFF

With our team right now I’d see changes into next year being…

• Bring in a gun inside mid for Myers (Shiel?)
  • Redman takes Goddard’s spot, Gleeson back

And then Zaka has to be fitted in. So basically one of the small fwds would drop out, and we’d rotate Zerrett, Smith, Zaka through there.

But you never get the best 22 out on park all the time so he’s absolute quality to be called upon.

1 Like

Absolutely different players.
Only thing they have in common is we use them both in the midfield.
That said, I think there is more up side to Langford.

1 Like

Too many mids is a nice luxury to have

2 Likes

Especially for us having had the opposite for a long time and still a work in progress really.

Sure, I’d just rather they not be pick 3 in the antional draft.

I assume you’re referring to Justin Murphy here.
I concur.
Although Judd & Dusty were both pick 3 and I wouldn’t have knocked them back.

Or are you referring to Darcy, (pick 5) in which case I dispute both your facts and your opinion.
He’s younger than than Langford for ■■■■■ sake, so at least give him the same breathing space people demanded of The.

Sorry pick 5

YOU BETTER BE SORRY!!!

2 Likes

Fair enough. I’m a little more half glass full on that draft crop being decent. A handful have already shown their capabilities in their third yearly with mills, oliver and curnow from what I can remember. I agree with your langford view. Seriously watching him live at the Richmond game, I was very comfortable with him having ball in hand and I was pointing that out with my mate which was funny because a couple years back we were calling him the biggest spud.

1 Like

I’ll take all the pick 5 midfielders we can get. Parish is a third year player who’s been dropped once and not for abysmal form, but for a stagnant patch. He’s played all but 3 (?) of his available games in the seniors since debuting in round one of his first season.

He’s the least of our worries. If he hadn’t have injured himself there’s every likelyhood he’d be back in the seniors and playing better right now, along with the other 90% of his teammates who had been below par with him.

3 Likes

Love watching this mf kick the ball

5 Likes

I said he was a fwd. I said he will never make it as a mid

I think I was wrong

5 Likes

Okay I have worked it out…

We need to make Darcy our new whipping boy and he will end up the same as Kyle :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’d like to see a few of our players take a leaf out of Kyle’s book.

It was quite a common sight to find Kyle in the gym alone at 8 - 9 at night because he knew he had to get stronger.
It was also quite common to see him cutting laps alone in the dark because he wanted to build his tank.
Talent is great, but everyone that makes an AFL list has talent. Hard work to compliment it is what will lift you above the pack.

And Darcy will be fine. He’s another kid who isn’t afraid of doing the hard yards.

40 Likes

Pin this post from Reboot so everyone reads it. Such common sense spoken.

The kids we have are doing the hard work. We are on the right track.

4 Likes

Ridiculous argument. Parish is a fine size, and complements our midfield brigade just fine. He is the same size as Selwood.

With Langford, Heppell, Stringer, Clarke we have a good bunch of big inside mids.

I hate the phrase “he wont be half the player Langford will be”
What does that even mean? What is half the player? Half the amount of stats? Half the amount of goals? Stupid argument.

Parish is a footballers footballer, once he gets his body to the level of AFL standard he will no doubt be a gun. There is no better player at Essendon at reading the ball off the pack and/or the ruckmans taps than Parish

16 Likes

Does Langfords rise mean that Lav could be on the table ?

Nah, i think the lav injury stagnation means hes on the table.

1 Like

Wouldn’t think one would influence the other. Very different type of players.