#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

It’s taken a while but my Blitz Hype Dollars investment is finally starting to see some dividends

Fair enough, big fan of Lav but struggling to see where he sits in the grand scheme of things at the moment.
Hopefully he stays injury free and finishes the year off strong.

I don’t know where he fits either. In fact I’m not sure that he does. But, for probably the first time in his career, he is starting to show something. I’m not a fan myself, but I would be keeping him regardless of what he does or doesn’t achieve in the second half of the season. I’d like to see what he can bring with a decent uninterrupted run. And I don’t care if it’s ones or magoos, I just want to see what he actually has.

6 Likes

Has currency, and if you have to give up some quality to get some then he wouldn’t be off the table.

Lav would be the equivalent of a late third rounder at the moment. Sfa trade value Imo

4 Likes

Pretty weird how quickly people have jumped off Lav. Was always the favourite and Kyle was just “meh” but now Lav cops a few injuries and he’s in the gun.

1 Like

Lavs always copped injuries and it’s hindered his development, the talent is still there though.

Maybe that’s how it was for you. Certainly not for me.

3 Likes

I’m talking about overarching Blitz sentiment

I don’t agree with that. I think there was always a pretty even divide.
Maybe early this season the favouritism was leaning towards Lav because a lot of people were getting impatient with Langford and couldn’t see the obvious.
With Lav, he just hadn’t had enough of a run to prove his lack of quality

Imo the only reason there was a sentiment towards lav was due to the fact that he was considered a ‘steal’ on draft day.

1 Like

Don’t try and make sense of that mate, you’ll drive yourself mad.

1 Like

Yep Langford was always the favoured player. Just that many of us thought he was a good forward prospect and a lost cause as a mid.

2 Likes

Biggest difference between the 2 is Langfords upside was always his vision, kicking and time. People who watched VFL and saw glimpses in the AFL could see that.

Laverdes upside is his physical presence, aggression and athleticism of which he has barely shown at AFL level since his debut year.

Ones a footballer, ones an athlete. Hopefully Lav can get there…it’s getting more doubtful every month.

I’ll put my hand up and say that I was one that had higher hopes for Laverde than Langford.

I’m gonna just leave Robbo’s ‘Like’ #7 here for ya’ll to discuss :smiley_cat:

edit: I hear his dad’s pretty fit too.

28 Likes

Thanks @Catherine_Lio . This is what many here have been stating for sometime.

But Robbo is on my “dislike” list so …

1 Like

Lav was the blitz golden child after his first year. Everyone was lining up to tongue his nuts and declare him the future of the football club. Short memories

1 Like

Integral.

I’m genuinely not sure this is true any more.
Ultimately don’t think it matters, both would be in our best side (if fit), both will be a huge part of our midfield going forward.

5 Likes