#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

I’m not worried about his goal kicking. He just happens to be missing a few at the moment, but there is no actual problem.

He’s a very good kick and he’s still striking those kicks at goal ok.
He’ll kick them when it matters

6 Likes

Kid has belief in himself now and is playing like it. Reckon he’s a ripper, although I expect he’ll start to tire out towards the end of the season.

Why would he tire out? He’s a 4th year player.
He’s very fit.

Plus of course his old man is even fitter so with those genes he’ll probably just get fitter every day.

5 Likes

He’s a fit dude old man Langers.

1 Like

Has really stepped up since Zaka went down.

Is adding a great dynamic to the midfield with his size and skill.

This is the player I think everyone hoped he would turn into as a midfielder.

1 Like

It’s his first time playing as an inside mid against bigger-bodied, senior opposition. He may not tire out, but I wouldn’t be shocked if we gave him a spell for a week at some stage over the next month.

Must apologize to Kyle. I didn’t really think he would make it, but impressed with his form. Tougher than he looks as well.

Reminds me a lot of Mark Waugh in a way. Looks languid and lazy, but actually is fighting hard for the ball. Great kick as well. Outside 50, I think I would give it to him. Naturally beautiful kick.

8 Likes

Mark Waugh showered in his undies. There is no way Kyle does.

2 Likes

Well that’s concerning. Mainly that you know their showering habits… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And married his mother.*

*not really.

4 Likes

…what’s his contract status…?

I have always loved him, but i didn’t realize how aggressive he has the potential to be. He lines contests up 10-15m away and runs straight at the ball, and is surprisingly quick. Love it.

I dont think he’ll ever “look” like the most aggressive player around the contest, but he’s very composed and polished when he has possession. He certainly scraps for the ball when it’s his turn, but he appears less desperate because he moves smoothly and economically.

I think he will be the cream on top of our midfield. The player who produces a classy moment to turn a game our way. Absolute lock in the 22 now.

Congratulations Kyle for showing class, resilience and humility to work on your game and overcome frustration with selection.

PS. Please sign your contract.

12 Likes

He looks about 10kg bigger than the start of last year. He’s always had a large frame, he is legit big now.

2 Likes

Anyone else still filthy hooker intercepted the pass meant for The Midfielder? then scuffed the kick something chronic.

5 Likes

l would like him to be involved in more scoring chains, by being one of the final pieces, i.e. the player who delivers the ball into the F50. The pass was all class to Tippa. Please sir, can we have some more… every week.

Agreed, needs to work on his spread/ positioning in open play this offseason.

1 Like

strong
classy
evasive
good decision maker

who would’ve thought it takes a young player 4 years to become an afl mid.

7 Likes

He actually dropped 3kg this season to help his running. Felt he was getting a bit too big.

5 Likes

I am hearing he has a touch of velvet sledgehammer about him.

Except more linear

Maybe The Corduroy Sledgehammer?

6 Likes