#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Well, he was much maligned and only now coming back into vogue

2 Likes

Never in doubt.

Did he put on a fair bit last year?

He’s been putting it on every year since year one. Nothing over the top last year, just continued the pattern of a few extra kg’s per year. Works very hard in the gym Kyle. Maybe you only just noticed it last year?

I think he looks heavier now than last year so clearly I know jack! :wink:
He is playing like he’s a lot stronger, or at least has more confidence in his strength, and holding his position over the contest a lot better, which is the important bit.

2 Likes

Rapt that he’s running out games better now, Looked like one of the hardest runners in the last.

I think you are right. I think he’s taken a while to get used to the weight and strength. But now he is using it to allow the talents/skills he always had to come out more consistently at this level. The kid is going to be a seriously good player.

7 Likes

Yeah it’s just taken him time to learn that he CAN actually use his body, as a junior he didn’t exactly have that luxury. Another one who works hard off the track and reaps the rewards, honestly don’t know why every player doesn’t do that

The weight seems to have been redistributed from what was politely called a “ low centre of gravity” to his shoulders and arms.

I have wondered if the collision (read dirty shoulder charge) he copped running with the flight of the ball in his first (or one of) games v Carlton set him back by making him a bit cautious. Perhaps now he has the confidence in his own size to do damage.

Who from the 2014 draft would you pick ahead of Langford if you were re-doing it today?
I reckon DeGoey is the only one I’d pick ahead of him

Angus Brayshaw goes alright

4 Likes

Geez, that second half of the game was good.

Him and Stringer can rotate for the rest of their careers.

Convert a few more of those scoring opportunities (his technique is fine, just having a bad run) and that’s real damage.

5 Likes

Imagine those two plus Laverde, if he comes good. Rotating til early morn.

I’d add Begley to that mix.

2 Likes

Plays strong.

Begley will struggle to get back into the side IMO.

Lever says hi. Petracca, Marchbank

I’m not convinced at all that I’d pick any of them ahead of him

1 Like

Petracca is a gun, and has potential to be in the elite elite group of AFL players in 3-4 years time.

He’d be number 1 for sure. Both on potential and games delivered so far.

2 Likes