#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Definitely not on what he’s delivered so far. I’d think he’s seriously underachieved.

9 Likes

I meant as a combination of potential and also what he has delivered so far, he would be my number 1 pick.

Who else based on potential and delivered so far would be ahead of him?

Petracca is a ■■■■ tease. He has done 2/3rds of fark all. He has all the skills and none of the performances.

Lever is not a genuine KPD. He is a 3rd tall. A good one. But Lever may pip him.

Brayshaw does look good now.

Peter Wright
Darcy Moore
Harris Andrews and
Toby McLean where all in that draft.

So he’d be top 7-10. Which is a Jump from 17.

1 Like

Rate Begley.

He’ll play plenty of senior footy for our club.

5 Likes

Needs to develop his midfield game because I’m not sure if he’ll make it as a perma-forward kind of like Laverde as a forward

I think a lot of the bashing came from the constant calls by some to bring him in when not ready, for the sake of it. I’m happy as hell he has made it.
Just don’t hear too much acknowledgment from those pro Langforders in this thread, that maybe the coaching panel knew what they were doing.

4 Likes

Some people were bashing Langford because others thought he was ready for senior action?

That’s an interesting take on it.

1 Like

100% agree with that.

I’d like to see him spend bulk time in the VFL ala Langford building his game.

But reckon he will transition wonderfully.

Geez, do you set an alarm for when a comment goes off in this thread?:joy:
Was probably more that there were many defending Langford regardless of performance. It was uncool to have a differing opinion and many a poster got lashed for having the view that he wasn’t ready.

It hasn’t helped that blitz morphed into a place where it’s now man on man, just for the sake of it.

2 Likes

Langford not being ready is a matter of opinion.

I watched him a lot last year and I thought he deserved more games.

He would arguably be far more progressed than currently.

Possibly, but maybe not in the area that they wanted him to work on in the twos. I have no inside knowledge as to what that was, but I’m sure now he is performing consistently, the coaching panel are feeling quite satisfied with their method.

1 Like

I’m really starting to think that they got this absolutely spot-on. I mean, we’ll never know how far progressed he’d be by now had he played earlier, but they do seem to have picked the exact right time to pull the trigger on him.

I’ve also been pretty critical of his development, but maybe they nailed this one?

10 Likes

I think certain people just need to give it a rest already.

2 Likes

Him not signing his contract yet may say something else.

Who knows to be honest.

1 Like

It may.

His value is rising with every game, though.

I wouldn’t sign yet if I was him.

3 Likes

Do you think zones would be better?

3 Likes

I look forward to KMs truth thread when he’s traded.

5 Likes

As long as he signs its irrelevant now I guess.

He looks a special talent on the rise.

4 Likes

Begley and Laverde should be our starting mids in the VFL next year, the bash brothers. Both of them have more scope to become AFL midfielders than either of Mutch and Clarke imo

3 Likes

Really ■■■■■ me that Begley did his knee. Hoping it doesn’t hold him back from a career he should have had.

1 Like