#40 Ben Howlett - Delisted

^^^^
Becoming a serious and professional footy club.

Love it.

Key thing for @Riolio, in the interview on the website, Howlett's wearing the #40 cap. Finally getting some apparel discipline.

Noticed their personalised ice baths aren’t a complete screw-up, either. Baby steps.

Great to see him back out especially after how the suspension hit him. He gives it 100% and played himself into the game nicely. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him bob up with a few goals with this new forward setup.

Was serviceable tonight playing primarily forward. He will be good for the run. May need to kick some goals to keep his sport though.

Thought he was ok and made a few crucial plays tonight. Stays for me

1 Like

OK but Green slots straight back in for him when fit.

1 Like

Well i’m glad you’ve convinced him to stay.

1 Like

Massive Benny fan - one of my faves - but he was poor tonight IMO. Missed tackles and couldn’t really get involved. Dusting off the cobwebs in his first game back though, I suppose.

Interesting to see whether he keeps his spot or if we go with someone like Hocking ahead of him next week.

1 Like

I’ve never been convinced of Howlett as a forward, it seldom works. But Hocking definitely can’t play that role. If he came in we would need to restructure the midfield unit.

RUSTY

one more game is fair

Can’t really see Hocking displacing him. Wrong role. Green probably will when fit.

1st game back, showed enough to stay in

He’s a good, honest role player.

Not sure we have such a role anymore though.

He looked underdone, understandably.

I am hooked on speed. He just looked like a glacier out there, which is not good for a little guy in the context of the game today. It seems like much more happens and faster when Tippa, Corgi, Raz, Trav, Andy and even Zac get on their bikes and they are all taking the game on. Its great to watch…

Howlett is just depth. That’s the reality. He’s good depth though

2 Likes

Wasn’t he given the shut down role on Rich, who did nothing at all.
I’d say he had a successful game if that was the case.

2 Likes

Not as a forward he’s not IMO. Midfield only.

let’s all judge him on the 1 game of footy he’s played in the last year and a half.

6 Likes

Daniel Rich was invisible. If Howlett shut him out playing as a defensive fwd definitely did his job.