#40 Ben Howlett - Delisted

And, … Thanks Benny, . you always gave all you had for us.

Sorry to see you go, … but you’re always a Bomber to me.

Friendship over.

1 Like

Didn’t Myers miss half of 2012 with a slight knock?

1 Like

Not surprised. Disappointed. But once again not surprised.

Whilst I don’t agree with some of the comments expressed on this board today in relation to "how many games he deserved"etc., I’ve appreciated reading the majority of posts commending him for his honest, hard working and team approach to each game. Can we just focus on the good? He was never flashy, but he was an honest battler who gave his all and did so more than many other players who went before him throughout the years.

He and his wife are some of the nicest people you could ever meet and they’ve been so very good to me over the years. I’ve been able to express my gratitude to them personally and received some really nice messages back. This is one of the better sides of football where you can build relationships with players throughout their time at the club. It will be weird seeing somebody else in the #40 but understand that it’s the time for change at our club and I’m excited of where the list is heading.

But for now it’s just a big thank you to you Mr. Howlett! AWOOOOO!!!

53 Likes

Yeah it was just a knock to the calf

1 Like

There were often moments with Howlett (a few times it was entire games) where he looked incredible. A little shimmy through a pack, a sublime baulk, a freakish snap goal.

He had some tricks, he wasn’t just a tackling machine. Could never seem to do the ‘next level’ stuff consistently over full games / seasons, though.

He’ll absolutely kill it at state level next year.

Cheers Bobcat.

12 Likes

That’s a bit harsh on Bobcat.

4 Likes
14 Likes

Friendship resumed for that humour of yours.

1 Like

I thought he’d be kept for depth this year. I loved howlett because he gave everything always and he got the best out of himself. Few can say that. Would love to see him get a go with the suns or lions. He’d do wonders for them i reckon.

Howlett was always one of the few reliable shots for goal too. No mean feat at essendon

3 Likes

I’m sure we’ll be seeing him somewhere else next year.

1 Like

AFL or VFL most likely at the moment?

Not too sure on specifics but opportunities are apparently there. Wouldn’t be surprised if he headed back to W.A either in AFL or WAFL. Thought there were rumours about him few years back having Hawks and Tigers interested. Don’t know if I could stomach that. W.A for me.

3 Likes

Half the team did, which is why we crashed out of finals contention after a good start.

Actually, here’s another couple (sorry about stealing all the bandwith, Rolo):

2 Likes

I’m gonna need another few clips before I’m convinced he’s Saad as well as Stringer and Smith.

Would have been good depth however zi can live with it.

Love bobcat and the loyalty he had fo EFC

3aw:
“former banned Essendon player Ben Howlett”

Go fark yourselves you pieces of shiit.

32 Likes

The lid is off for individual players now, l see. Jackson has been on the list for long enough and produced very little that was noteworthy. Time to move him on, give someone else a go.