#40 Ben Howlett - Delisted

Great news, welcome back Ben.

Heart and soul player. The Importance of him and his type of person in a club can often be undervalued by casual observers. I’m really happy that he is back and i hope he makes the forward pocket his own in 2017. Raz will be more dangerous with Bobcat doing defensive actions in the FWD 50, and JD might even get a chance to run at the ball without two opponents hanging off him.

Love getting home from work to good news.

Onya Benny.

Very glad to have Ben back. His missus's tweet broke my friggin' heart.

Which one was that?

“Well done, you have well and truly broken my husband. I have lost all faith in the justice system. Where in the world is it fair to put an innocent man through hell for three years and then proceed to take everything away from him, I’ll never know. The injustice of it all chills me to my core.”

Never forget. Never forgive the ■■■■■■ that did this.

Pretty damn happy about this. I gave my youngest the nickname “Bobcat” a couple of year ago (because he’s like a little bulldozer) but have always thought of Howlett when I use the name.
(Random, useless point - carry on)

Awesome!! Smash 'em Ben.

Mass Exodus.

I never thaid that!

Hearing how completely gutted, angry and broken hearted his wife was when the WADA handing came down was one of the most emotional parts of the last few years personally. It really hit home how hard this has been for these blokes and those close to them.

So glad to have Ben back and hope in the time off he has found peace with things and comes back with real purpose and a point to prove.

The little one on the way will bring joy to Benny and his wife and be part of a new chapter for him after a tough few years.

Brilliant Post mate

Very pleased to have him back.

Yay Benny! This one is the feel good re-signing.

Thats awesome. This guy has the kind of character that you want your young guys to learn from. Hes a leader and an asset to the club.

Whooo hoo! Someone that can kick a goal!!! And do other things too!

Great news. Ripper bloke.

#stayodus

Love it

Let’s be honest here, he had no other interest and if it wasn’t for the saga, would not be on our list next year.

I do agree with those who say he is a good clubman and has good character, but we would get more out of having Brent Harvey on our list in 2017, than having Howlett.

I just read the last part of my post and have issued myself with a self imposed ban.

Good luck to Bobcat anyways!

Let's be honest here, he had no other interest and if it wasn't for the saga, would not be on our list next year.

I do agree with those who say he is a good clubman and has good character, but we would get more out of having Brent Harvey on our list in 2017, than having Howlett.

I just read the last part of my post and have issued myself with a self imposed ban.

Good luck to Bobcat anyways!

Honesty is not always the best policy.

Good kick for goal. We need that.

Exactly. A defensive forward role for Ben, thanks Woosha. Leave Bird on the ball

Had thought that Howlett and Bird might be fighting for the same position.

Think you’re right though. Howlett’s a forward who can have an odd stint in the middle and Bird’s more a midfielder capable of pushing forward.

Regardless of that it’s great that he’s back for another year!