#40 Ben Howlett - Delisted

He must’ve missed the memo, “the team thing” mow includes this concept called “kick the ducking goal”

Cheers…I think he could still play a role as a “run” with midfielder. As you said needs to keep the momentum going and nail those easy goals. Earnt his recall thou.

He’s your Stanton.

He’s terrible kicking inside 50 and if we want someone to replace Parish, he shouldn’t be it.
If we want to rejig so he’s in as a defensive mid, different story

1 Like

Hurts to say, as I’m a big Benny fan, but a big win masked how poor he was tonight IMO. Absolutely butchered it going inside 50 and had no meaningful impact elsewhere. Parish comes straight in for him.

I loved him tonight, copped one in the head in a heavy collision. Gets to his knees, shrugs it off with a shake of the head and gets a possession a few moments later. He’s a hard nut.

3 Likes

Automatic delisting for burning Tippa in the 3rd quarter.

3 Likes

So true, you never burn Tippa.

Put in a good effort. Made a couple of blunders, but that’s ok. Was a cog in a beautiful machine last night.
Onya, Benny.

4 Likes

His hard work was valuable last week and this week too. Missed a few targets, but no big deal. He adds hard body experience to the team.

1 Like

will be omitted for Parish without a seconds hesitation.

1 Like

I thought he wasn’t our worst but he & Myers just don’t look to have the pace by hand or foot to be effective in our game style.

4 Likes

I think this was the game that David finally looked to settle back into the game. Funny how different people can see the same thing.

Benny’s one of the very few guys in the team that I see consistently making an effort to lay shepherds and blocks to clear space and buy time for team mates who have the ball.

He is always doing those 1%rs that go unnoticed and don’t receive the plaudits by the fans but the coaching staff and his team mates find invaluable.

If the rest of the list could take a leaf out of Ben’s book and adopt his attitude to doing the team things that he does, and combine it with the way the team played last night, they would be nigh on impossible to beat I believe.

I agree that he needs to tidy up his disposals a bit, but that will come with more exposure at AFL level after gaining consistent match conditioning.

Some of the returning banned players like he, Jobe and Trav Colyer are just taking that little while longer to regain that touch skills wise than we all would’ve hoped for but are improving slowly each week.

3 Likes

He had only 3 touches to halftime & finished with 14 - that’s not enough for any mid in any game let alone a game we dominate. Its not all about disposals but he had only 1 tackle & just doesn’t seem quick enough to know exactly what to do.

1 Like

I’m not fussed about stats I’m just going by the way he looked to be coping. Somebody said he did a lot of blocking work. Can’t say I was looking for that be he was right amongst it which pleased me. Some players don’t need high stats to be effective imo. He’s one
Benjamin Disraeli: “There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.”

Was he playing mid?

They are talking about Myers

He was ok last night, appears a stint in the twos has got him going again. He is still a limited player with the footy and it showed last night. But in close his terrier attitude hasn’t changed.

I’m sorry correct, door to get off topic

1 Like