#40 Ben Howlett - Delisted

Wasn’t the intensity. Richmond put a lot more pressure on us, and our skills fell away.

4 Likes

we couldn’t hit water if we fell out of a boat.

1 Like

But anyway, the point I was getting at was everyone gives 100%, so saying “he gives 100%” is just as stupid as those people that say “he bleeds red and black” or that “grew up supporting xx” like it means anything significant.

I’m happy he gives nice shepherds but he’s isn’t in the best 22 anymore and he isn’t the future. He’s basically a stop-gap option until better players can come in and replace him. His skills aren’t good, he’s not quick, enough and he doesn’t bring enough to the table. Parish comes in for him no questions asked. We’re not a good enough team to be handing charity games to players when we have better players to come in.

2 Likes

So we agree, he gives 100 percent but Isnt best 22 anymore

1 Like

The big difference between Watson and Colyer compared to Howlett is that the ability and ceiling of Watson and Colyer was and is much higher.
Howlett has played VFL time in each of his last 3 seasons. The fact that there has been more VFL time this year does not necessarily mean he is finding his feet. It could just mean that he’s a little older and/or our list is a little stronger.
At a guess I’d say he’s moved from a list perspective of being in the range of 20-30 in 2015 to around 25-35 now.

1 Like

Some people don’t you know.

God i hope you’re joking/being sarcastic.
cos if not, that is way up there with the delusions of even the most out there posters around here.
You’d have to be higher than charlie sheen after a 2 week bender to honestly believe that logic surely.

Been around long enough to be able to hit a target someone between the ankles and outstretched arms under little pressure but still misses.

1 Like

Surely he’ll be out next week with Parish coming back.

Always put the effort in, it just wasn’t working for the most part. And was costly towards the end (amongst a number of other players as well of course).

Is cooked. Depth only

Liked the effort and tackling… just couldn’t hit a target inside 50.

Puts in effort, congratulations. How about some class or skill or something to change the game in our favour? He’s a plodder, and the fact the club keeps on playing guys like him at near 30 is a testament to the stupidity of our selections. Our midfield is nowhere near good enough to be carrying guys like him, floating around the ground.

1 Like

Thought you had a good game, Bobcat.
Generated some run, initiated attacks, good tackling. One of my highlights of the game was that smashing crunch you put on some guy… totally decked him. Cheers :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I agree.

Cheers Bobcat.

Now it’s time to to bring in Parish and let you guide the VFL team to the finals.

1 Like

Sadly we keep going to the well with Howlett. Provides very little and is preventing a younger player getting a game. It’s time to move on.

I somehow hope he’s been brought in for a defensive role. Keep Gibbs to under 20 please

not happy he is in the team, but i hope he plays a blinder and blankets Gibbs

Have a great game Benny.

3 Likes

He hasn’t tagged in about 5 years. For a guy who’s a great tackler, tough, has a big work rate, and ostensibly seems to be a team first type, he was terrible at it from memory.

3 Likes

Happy to see him in. If it’s when conditions he is exactly the type of player we want. Doesn’t over possess the footy and goes straight and hard. Good selection

4 Likes