#40 Ben Howlett - Delisted

didn’t do much at all but will be remembered for his part in this game due to being in Tippa’s highlight reel. kinda like Bullen in Hirdy’s WC goal…

Thanks for the efforts Ben but it’s time for a different direction.

because Howlett is so good on the spread and so damaging with his disposal and such a lightning chaser, he can add value even having minimal possessions.

Yeah I can’t wait for the GPS data on those sprints.

Do you reckon at match review the coaches sit and look at the stats and someone says “I tell you what I’m really surprised Howlett only got 9 touches instead of the usual 12-14”

4 Likes

But but but, he kicked six in a game once

Done

Should have played his last senior game yesterday. The modern game has bypassed the Bobcat. So long and thanks for the memories.Would take a trade for him, if anyone is interested, which l doubt.

Should have been let walk in 2014 when he had offers instead of being convinced to stay.

2 Likes

It boggles my mind he gets a game. Like I cannot work it out for the life of me

2 Likes

The suggestion was made in another thread that the returning 12 were offered games this year, over the younger players in return for not suing the club. If true, l find this a disturbing indictment on the club and players involved. How plausible that is, l have no idea, but it would explain why players are getting games that are not based on form.

You can immediately throw that theory out considering stants and hocking have been banished to the vfl forever

3 Likes

You might be surprised at how much traction that view has gained.

Huh? They did all sue the club.

1 Like

BBB should take his place.

I would like to see bird, or Mutch play in howletts place

Begley for green, or colyer.

1 Like

Amongst conspiracy theorists it’s probably not surprising.
I’m sure it hasn’t gained much traction amongst people with common sense.

Clearly the hardest selection to understand.

Colyer is in the mix IMO

If he’s ever going to be that 18-25 player on the list he was a little while he needs to get stronger around the contest and just become an inside player.

His weaknesses are more apparent now with our midfield not being as deep and being able to be carried by Watson like it was back when he was in form.

He also seems to be slower than before, not that he was fast.

Like Benny but he is not in form at the moment. Would have Hocking before him.

1 Like